Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

The Official PillarOfBalance Journal!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Just wanted to say congrats! That is significant weight you are moving. I am sure the next year will hold even more progress.

Congrats.

Very cool, way to go POB!

Thanks guys!!!

Awesome job brother man! Did a Great job

You were a huge help JB. Thanks for coaching me thru this one...

Great job POB!
Now your hooked, you left a lot on the lbs platform bc lack of experience/miscues. Next time your going to set some very nice PR's. You were worried about your pulls, I was going to post when you get on stage and the adrenaline releases you will probably be closer to a 550 pull, didn't post it bc I didnt want to jinks ya!
Can't wait to see your training take off now that you've got bitten by the competition BUG.

This is 100% accurate... I'm sitting here though trying very hard not to look back and think "shit, why didn't I squat the 510 I know I had... or pull 550. Becuase like you've said I've got the bug. I can't wait to do this again!!!!!!!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Congrats on the Lifts... I bet it feels good knowing what to train for now. I've been thinking of switching over to PL'ing. But I have no clue where to start really.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Just getting home now... I was so wired after the meet I just made the 6 hour drive back home from the meet. Made it in 5 hours though ;)

I'm officially addicted. It was amazing. It was more fun than almost anything i've done before.

Before every lift you're just waiting around. I felt like barfing all the time. But once you walk up to the bar everything gets tuned out. There is no crowd, there is nobody else. Melodramatic sounding but I'm dead serious.

So here were my lifts:

Squat
460 way to easy... Should have shot for 520

Bench
320 red light for commands
350 form went to hell. I had this lift I know I did. Felt light coming down, but my grip was set to wide... Wasn't thinking.

Deads
530 for a PR...

The deads were interesting. On my second attempt squat I came up so hard and fast that I felt a little twinge in my inner thigh. On Deadlift warm up, and keep in mind I pull sumo, it hurt to lock out. So I switched to conventional which I barely train and knocked it out!!!

I had some friends there which made the experience all the better... SAD was there. Gotta say he's a big mother fucker. He was easily the widest guy there... Met him and his wife and he met me and Hips. He made some mind blowing PR's but I'll let him post up... What I will say though is he's a real brother. Takes care of the people around him and makes sure everyone succeeds. It really was a pleasure and I'm very grateful for the invite!

It all ended with me getting a cool little statue/trophy for taking 3rd place in the 242.

I'm awfully proud considering I have been a powerlifter for less than a year! And now I know what it is I am training for. So the training will get smarter.

Can't wait to get back in the gym. Now that I am officially a competitor I think I will put my past behind me and crank up a new log. Start with my current meet PR's and get to smashing them!!!

Thanks to all of you for the help support and motivation. Almost can't believe this site is free...

First off, you left at least 100lbs out there for the taking, so quit talking like what you did was small. Secondly, you are a true brother yourself, and it was my pleasure and honor meeting you and your beautiful fiance. Thirdly, thank you for the compliments and I must say that you aren't even close to honest with your description of yourself. Gents, POB likes to talk about himself like he's small and weak and soft, but the truth is, he's built like a brick shit-house at 235 and looks every bit the powerlifter that he is. Lastly bro, thanks for coming and for the support and advice. Had an absolutely great time and can't wait to do it again.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Wow! Great job PoB. Those are some solid lifts and like SAD said, lots left for the taking. Next time, 1st.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
SAD, I'm down to make this an annual trip if you are...

hips

hips

Jan 8, 2012
Awe....SAD...you are so sweet...your wife and I had a blast starting your documentary and it was so fun seeing you guys so happy at what you love doing. Thanks for inviting us! We created our first memories together and can't wait for next years...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'll definitely be there next year, but in the meantime.....pm inbound.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Man, I can't even get invited over for a Lobster Roll and you to go to a meet together.....

Congrats to both of you.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Man, I can't even get invited over for a Lobster Roll and you to go to a meet together.....

Congrats to both of you.

Thanks LK; Ever around Boston and I'll treat ya to a lobster roll!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
your first meet bro...imo you crushed it and made very few mistakes! thats alot of pressure to be under and still keep it together!

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
holy hell i got a chub watching you pull 530 like it was was a bag of feathers(yes homo as fuck but dont care :p). looks like i am going to have to up my game on the pulls.

i loved the fact that you squatted my max pretty much as your opener and then smashed that in with a 460 third attempt lol. asshole! :)

benchpress was pretty damn good. 300 looked wayyyyy easy. 320 was obviously so easy you didnt even feel like waiting for your command lol. solid effort on the 350 too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic