Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

The Greatest Strongman ever.......

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Mark Henry did do strongman. He wan Arnold back in the day. What made that feat so remarkable is that he had dropped all his size b/c he was in the WWF at the time wrestling and they didn't like him to be that big. His mom pass away and something to the effect that she told him to stop being a skinny bitch so he went a couple months prior to the Arnold and put his size back on and won it. He had a 950+lbs back squat completely raw and competed in the Olympic in Oly lifting so is strong. I'd say he was America's closest version of Misha K.
Didn't know he did WSM but I knew he did Arnold strength and oly lifting ... He went to the Olympics twice. Dude squatted 950s in high school with minimal equity... I think his raw deadlifts is 980s

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Not a 'strong man' and even though he does fruity wrestling Mark Henry was/is one strong ass sonofabitch!!

Mark Henry did win the Arnold Classic Strongman in 2002. He is a beast. I bet if he trained straight strongman he could be one of the best....but he definitely is not.

http://youtu.be/-P7CWjtv26Q

My favorite was Mariusz, and he was probably the best too. Pound for pound he was by the far.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
great video warrior. I am sure Mark would have done well in wsm. The pay day is considerably better where he is at though. He smoked those lifts.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

Anyone remember this guy from the wsm several years ago. He couldnt get his arms all the way around the atlas stone. He had a heavy duty rubber ring that he used to allow hin to lock his grips together. he is 5'3 and was around 275 for the wsm comp

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011

This one is for RR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Big Z killed that dead lift. I was actually there for that lift, and just out of view to the left of that camera shot lol.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Thats awesome warrior. Never been to the arnold, always wanted to go. I hear it is phenominal.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I love it. Weekend away with the wifey is always nice too. The expo is AWESOME. You can watch the strongman events all day long as long as you're in the expo. During the bbing finals on Saturday night they also do the strongman finals. Its pretty much my favorite weekend of the year.

I consider myself a pretty big strong dood until I stand up next to those guys!!!

warrior and big z arnold 2012.jpg

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
your a big dude, Z is a freaking monster

L

LogPresser

Feb 4, 2013
Kaz. Probably the greatest ever, not just for being a great competitor, but for what he does for the sport today. He's an ambassador for the sport, and a genuinely niceguy.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
One thing folks have to remember is that Kaz was black balled for 5 years in his prime. He conservatively could have won 3 of those 5. I agree with BI though, maruiz has the most titles, he is the best.

S

saorsa

Jan 22, 2012
Big Z, Kaz and the Scottish legend Donald Dinnie...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic