Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The General BS Thread

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
It's a school. People in school don't have the same free speech rights as people in public places.

What the court is saying in this case is if the school administrator decided to ban symbols on shirts, they could ban all symbols, including Mexican flags, and American flags on Cinquo de maio day. That is what this case is about. It is not about the American flag being offensive. It is about banning symbols that are used by one group of kids to inflame another group of kids. It is about keeping the kids from finding reasons to fight one another. It is about keeping the peace in the schools.

So in your world it's ok to ban The American Flag and not the mexican flag? That's pure liberal bs dogma, you do not check your 1st Amendment at the school house door. There's been many cases about that very idea, it was about kids wearing Christian shirts and Crosses.

Last edited:
RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
It's a school. People in school don't have the same free speech rights as people in public places.

What the court is saying in this case is if the school administrator decided to ban symbols on shirts, they could ban all symbols, including Mexican flags, and American flags on Cinquo de maio day. That is what this case is about. It is not about the American flag being offensive. It is about banning symbols that are used by one group of kids to inflame another group of kids. It is about keeping the kids from finding reasons to fight one another. It is about keeping the peace in the schools.
what the courts are saying is " lets make everyone feel special, not leave no one out or hurt their feelings. Lets also let them taunt their flags, customs and heritage while we tuck ours between our legs, because we dont want to upset no one" verbatum.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
So in your world it's ok to ban The American Flag and not the mexican flag? That's pure liberal bs dogma, you do not check your 1st Amendment at the school house door. There's been many cases about that very idea, it was about kids wearing Christian shirts and Crosses.

One group was wearing symbols and chanting slogans intended to disrupt another group's planned celebration. It happens that the symbol was the US flag and the chanting was USA. The principal had a tense situation on his hands and he acted to cut down on the tension and what the courts upheld. In some schools it is a necessary part of preventing violence among different bands some of whom might be members of different gangs to curb some types of free speech, like wearing clothing with symbols on it.

This has nothing to do with liberal versus conservative politics, even though you want it to be.

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
what the courts are saying is " lets make everyone feel special, not leave no one out or hurt their feelings. Lets also let them taunt their flags, customs and heritage while we tuck ours between our legs, because we dont want to upset no one" verbatum.

No. What the courts are saying is, school administrators can limit free speech, even t-shirts with symbols on them, when school administrators reasonably judge it is necessary to keep the peace in the school.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
One group was wearing symbols and chanting slogans intended to disrupt another group's planned celebration. It happens that the symbol was the US flag and the chanting was USA. The principal had a tense situation on his hands and he acted to cut down on the tension and what the courts upheld. In some schools it is a necessary part of preventing violence among different bands some of whom might be members of different gangs to curb some types of free speech, like wearing clothing with symbols on it.

This has nothing to do with liberal versus conservative politics, even though you want it to be.
the principal was appeasing to the minority crowd by trying to be fair and say "well no one can wear their shirts then" which ultimately let a small group of people get their way while punishing the majority. This is what our country has become unfortunately. Nobody has a spine to stand up for what they believe in, and if they do they are demonized and labeled as racists bigots who are evil. Sad but true.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
No. What the courts are saying is, school administrators can limit free speech, even t-shirts with symbols on them, when school administrators reasonably judge it is necessary to keep the peace in the school.

Uhhh No. What the 'Court' said was the principal can discriminate with his approval.
Listen to what you're saying....'In America it's ILLEGAL to wear a American Flag but ok to wear and celebrate a Foreign occasion. For the record cinco de mayo is not anything special for mexicans, it's a meaningless day for them.
But I digress, dont want to get in another pissing match that's stacked

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Uhhh No. What the 'Court' said was the principal can discriminate with his approval.
Listen to what you're saying....'In America it's ILLEGAL to wear a American Flag but ok to wear and celebrate a Foreign occasion. For the record cinco de mayo is not anything special for mexicans, it's a meaningless day for them.
But I digress, dont want to get in another pissing match that's stacked

And yet again, you put words in my mouth that I never spoke.

I never said it is illegal for Americans to wear the American flag. I said school administrators can sometimes take action to restrict free speech of students and others in school (even if that free speech takes the form of wearing an American flag on their shirt) if in the Admiinistrator's reasonable judgment it is necessary to keep order in the school.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011

all the more reason to send our kids to private schools.

you would think that Mexicans would want embrace the American flag
as we give them vast opportunities and freedoms here in the US. But yet somehow they find it offensive because it causes the potential to inflame others, as the school says.

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I will be on Bourbon St on Mardi Gras day..Should I post a few pic later this week?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I will be on Bourbon St on Mardi Gras day..Should I post a few pic later this week?

Hell yea's!! BUT..Only if boobies ar involved. No sausage fest pics please!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic