Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

The Cowboy Rides In...

TexasSoldier

TexasSoldier

Sep 30, 2011
I kind of did a short intro the other day but I feel as if I need to do a real intro. :) My name is Ed. I am a single father of two kids (I have full custody) and they are 8 and 2. I live in Texas and I manage a grocery store. I was in the army for several years and got injured. I can not discuss the details of my injuries except to say they were combat related and not only was I badly injured but it caused me to have rhabomylaosis. I survived and healed but ti turns out I am genetically predisposed to have ""rhabdo attacks". So while I can now lift wieghts/work out hard, I was deemed unable to continue my military career. Other than many scars across my stomachs you would never know i was injured as I lead a full and normal life. Howver I was very depressed when my military career ended and I just became an eating machine my first year back. I went from 165 to 265!!! My daughter was born, I cleaned myself up and started getting back in shape. About the time my daughter was a year old me and my ex-wife split on friendly terms. (She is a good woman but had become devoted to her work more than me and the kids. She just wasnt really meant to be mother material and she wanted to spend more time purseing her career... Something she now regrets so we are talking a little bit but I doubt we get back together. She has become VP of her compnay but works 90 hours a week so I truly feel bad for her.) But I am now down to 185 and I want to get back into lifting. The rhabdo did a number on my muscles and I lost a lot of muscle mass back then. I am still working on totally recovering. I want to continue to shed fat but add more muscle to my body. I feel like a totally newbie when it comes to lifting and supplements. Could really use all the help I can get! My time is a little limited because besides working I am a scout leader and coach sports. What can i say, the kids are my world. But I can usually clear 1-2 hours in the afternoon and 1 hour at night to work out so thats a blessing. My kids are amazing! My son is already a cowboy just like his daddy. My daughetr is a lil princess who never stops smiling.

SO thats me. Dad, former soldier, Texas cowboy and just a man who really wants to get in awesome shape. So glad for the friends I have already made and can't wait to get to know all of you!

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Thanks for the expanded intro man.

Welcome again.Great to have you here.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That's a rough story brother but way to keep your chin up. I hope things work out with your ex-wife. We're here to help you grow, so whatever you need, just ask and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what sups do you take for the rhabdo? in horses that are prone to it there is much success with vitamin E selinium injections. humans can absorb it better than horses so it can be taken orally for us. there are many other things that might help too. i am going to be trying pentosan in some dogs and such that have chronic issues be it muscle or arthritic related. i inject myself with it every 2 weeks and it does good things for me. great antiinflammatory properties!

TexasSoldier

TexasSoldier

Sep 30, 2011
what sups do you take for the rhabdo? in horses that are prone to it there is much success with vitamin E selinium injections. humans can absorb it better than horses so it can be taken orally for us. there are many other things that might help too. i am going to be trying pentosan in some dogs and such that have chronic issues be it muscle or arthritic related. i inject myself with it every 2 weeks and it does good things for me. great antiinflammatory properties!

Iam going to have to mention that too my doctor. They check my CK level once a month and they have me taking a ton of potasium. I have been going to the VA but it might be time to check out a civ doctor.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Iam going to have to mention that too my doctor. They check my CK level once a month and they have me taking a ton of potasium. I have been going to the VA but it might be time to check out a civ doctor.
i would definately talk to someone besides a VA doc. have not heard anything ever good about a VA doc!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, Thanks for joining, this is a great forum

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Anybody seen TexasSoldier around lately?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I havent seen him.Tex I just saw this. We have a common ground.I am a store manger too. Tough job mentally.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic