Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

The Cleveland Guardians.. How Fkn Pathetic...

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
George Floyd inspired the Indians owner to change the team name... unbelievable.

There are already numerous George Floyd and Brianna Taylor murals in my city... I fully expect statues to happen soon.
Sadly, at least 2 George Floyd statues have already been erected.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Cy Young and all the Indians greats are rolling in their graves. Its very hard to me to see this historic old team renamed as a part of the knee-jerk reaction to racist fascists. But its just yet another sign the Great American Pasttime is in its twilight years. The sport is too slow for the modern times that demand continuous action.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
This is just complete cowardice by ownership. They fear this backlash and loss of revenue. No way Cleveland Indian fans stop going because ownership refuses to change their name. No way! Maybe the woke casual person who attends the game, but an avid baseball fan could give two shits. In fact, most baseball fans fall more under the purist demographic and are probably pissed that a dumbass name like "Guardians" was chosen. This is just stupid.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's all quite confusing to me. I can only speculate that there are a bunch of young wokesters now working at these sports franchises, particularly in HR and far away from all the "real" baseball people that deal with personnel that actually play on the field. It's so important to never lose sight of who your actual customers are.

Makes you wonder who the real customers are to the owners. Is it possible that the blue collar schmucks like me in the stands are no longer the customers? Is it possible that they're getting pressure from the networks and being told that TV contracts, which are big money, are at stake? Makes me wonder sometimes.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Hang tight fellas.

This whole world is involved, this is going to take time, they've been making slow subtle changes to who makes the changes and are now firing with everything they have. They are not the majority.

Here's a little hope that this fight is nowhere near over-

Right Wing Watch on Twitter: "Mike Lindell is now offering $5 million to any "cyber guys" who can prove the election data he'll be presenting at his upcoming "cyber symposium" is not valid. https://t.co/m1Nt2x028E" / Twitter

It also seems to me that Lindell could subpoena the top experts that try for the 5mil so the data can't be discredited. They are already trying to discredit the cyber guys working on the arizona election.

People are standing up everyday. You won't hear about it unless you look for it. My stance has not changed from the beginning nor will it change if it takes another year.

America will not go down at this time. Parts will be fucked up for a while but our core values will be saved along with the constitution.

I have faith enough for all of us...

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
It's all quite confusing to me. I can only speculate that there are a bunch of young wokesters now working at these sports franchises, particularly in HR and far away from all the "real" baseball people that deal with personnel that actually play on the field. It's so important to never lose sight of who your actual customers are.

Makes you wonder who the real customers are to the owners. Is it possible that the blue collar schmucks like me in the stands are no longer the customers? Is it possible that they're getting pressure from the networks and being told that TV contracts, which are big money, are at stake? Makes me wonder sometimes.

Companies and corporations are running scared. This woke mentality and cancel culture has companies paranoid of potential loss of revenue. A few have given them the middle finger, but many fear being put out of business. And the fear of a negative public image or being labelled "racist" or etc has them ready to conform. I do believe this movement rode on the shirt tails of George Floyd and it makes some feel better inside to follow like sheep. But, as HDH mentioned, it's getting old and it's gone way too far. People are beginning to stand their ground. If corporations would worry less about losing a few customers and push back, I actually think that it may have a reverse effect and consumers would support the push back. As of right now, its cowardice and greed that continues to drive them.

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
Seems sports is getting "woke" now and it's truly pathetic. Good post @kid666 .

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I know KC Chief's been getting pressure to change their name.Sad day is when they will not be the Chief's , you won't go to Arrowhead Stadium and you will not be allowed to do the tomahawk chop.I remember back in the 70's when the Chief's scored a real live Indian wearing a head dress on a horse would ride onto the feild.lol That would have really pissed off the woke crowd now a day's.

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Im sure Jeep Cherokee will soon be changing their name to the Jeep Guardian ... Fkn Morons.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
The Cleveland Guardians what a great roller derby team. :D

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The Carnegie Street bridge is about 1500 feet away from Progressive Field (previously called "The Jake"). That bridge has these two very massive stone statues called "The Guardians", so the name does have some relevance. So they did an OK job with a new name. My beef is just getting rid of the old name, period. Just capitulating to the ravenous mob that will never be satiated in their moral outrage.
1628023894280.png

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic