Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

The Bull's Zone Training Log

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
HOLY BULL... Massive BB Rows...That's just raw strength.

Thanks Ramrod!!! Just know I look at your log and you pull huge weight for reps and other stuff too that impresses the hell outta me!

As always, amazing volume with impressive weight, brother. 365x10 rows is beyond my comprehension. I have have trained in many gyms throughout the country over my lifetime and can honestly say I've rarely seen anyone equal that feat.

That's a great compliment Al! Thank you. I just wish the barbell row was a competition lift :)

Ditto.

On one of my heavier deadlift days, I would ask to work in with you when you're doing rows lol.

Way to push yourself, Bull.

You are always welcome Chris!!!

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks Ramrod!!! Just know I look at your log and you pull huge weight for reps and other stuff too that impresses the hell outta me!

That's a great compliment Al! Thank you. I just wish the barbell row was a competition lift :)

You are always welcome Chris!!!

I was thinking the same exact thing about working in on Deadlift days. I can't understand that 365 x 10 brother! I am literally laughing at the thought of myself attempting to load that much weight on a barbell row.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I was thinking the same exact thing about working in on Deadlift days. I can't understand that 365 x 10 brother! I am literally laughing at the thought of myself attempting to load that much weight on a barbell row.

I was talking to POB about exercise psychology.

I am completely confident in my back's power. No fear.

But other lifts I start to freak the hell out.

Here's something interesting: I recently did speed squats with chains with weight that was significant for me.

No fear...just excitement! I wanted it bad. It was euphoric!

Anyway thank you for the compliment Goliac!!! You are pretty incredible yourself brother.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
August 19, 2015

I have reached the end of my 12 week program so POB said I could do whatever I wanted till the next program is ready.

So I could have repeated the Volume component or I could have gone back and done the Intensity component.

In looking at both: The Volume is too much with the 10 rep stuff and knocks the shit out of me. But the Intensity only has 3 exercises a day and 4 reps and that felt to be to little.

So I decided to do the exercises of the Volume 2 component but cut the heavy exercises down to 5 reps.

It felt totally great.

I didn't feel nauseas and destroyed after. I felt very worked. I did weight I was happy with and now I'm hungry with an appetite sufficient to eat my rehab meal.

The 5x5 also allowed me to be more focused in my squat and practice what I learned at POB's about staying tight...taking in air at the right time....unracking....stepping back....orienting the weight....then commencing the rep.

My partner said they were the best reps he's ever seen me do!

So PillarofBalance here's what we did:

Barbell Box Squat

135lbs x 10
185lbs x 10
225lbs x 5
275lbs x 5

335lbs x 1 set x 5 reps @ rpe 7
320lbs x 1 set x 5 reps @ rpe 7
315lbs x 3 sets x 5 reps @ rpe 7

I think these were PR's to stay in the 300's for all sets!

YES!!!!

Seated Ham Curls

60lbs x 1 set x 100 reps @ rpe 10 these were bloody!!!! PR on these!!!
45lbs x 1 set x 100 reps @ rpe 10

Leg Press

760lbs x 3 sets x 8 reps @ rpe 8 I think this was a PR!

Glute Bridges

175lbs x 3 sets x 5 reps x rpe 9 PR!!!

Seated Calf Raise

90lbs + Donkey x 4 sets x 30 reps @ rpe 10 30 is where I failed each time.

Stiff Legged Deads used these as a stretch

50lbs x 3 sets x 10 reps @ rpe 5 or lower

Decline Crunches

4 sets x 20 reps!

So....that's what I created. Hope its ok :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Looks good. I am actually writing the next program now. I will have you and pawg running something similar actually. You'll like this.

D

danielrh

MuscleHead
Nov 19, 2013
Dang , Bro, your log is exhausting just reading it. Very impressive work, Bull. As for the 365 Bb row, that is like bending over and pulling up me, Chris and 2 plates. Wow!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Dang , Bro, your log is exhausting just reading it. Very impressive work, Bull. As for the 365 Bb row, that is like bending over and pulling up me, Chris and 2 plates. Wow!

Thanks brother. I pretty much have the biggest back in my town. And that's my only brag because as you can see my deadlift, squat and bench press are not anything great.

If you look in Pob's log he and I had our back pics taken side by side and he is incredibly wide and spectacular plus he has a great deadlift and squat.

So yeah. Rowing I guess is my thing :)

Last edited:
Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Well Bull, you know you could hold your own if a Viking ever challenged you to a rowing race! I always marvel at your log.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic