Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

The Anabolic Window!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Science or no science really -after training Im starved, I have done this for years, maybe I have been duped? I dont really care seeing as what I have been doing has clearly been working....guess I use some brotelligence.....sue me.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
To me breakfast is the second most important meal....#1 being pwo

We all know u can find studies to disprove anything but to me that's as true as the sky's blue.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
Cutler says Breakfast... Post workout and Pre workout most important things of the day

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Science or no science really -after training Im starved, I have done this for years, maybe I have been duped? I dont really care seeing as what I have been doing has clearly been working....guess I use some brotelligence.....sue me.

+1. Whether its true or not I'm the same. Don't care about this or that research because I know it works for me. I made much better and faster gains when I added dex/malto mix to my whey post workout and when I added a solid food meal an hour after that.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Well the body being how it is the feeling of "hunger" is being sent by the messenger and when it speaks you should listen, it only makes sense that after a period of heavy exertion you will be craving some food to refuel your muscles, glycogen stores etc... are depleted, I am a believer in the timing of adding nutrients when you need them as it is a fact that the body will cannibalize itself if necessary.
I prefer to rebuild rather than breakdown hard earned muskles!

But I am not a "guru" so take it for what it is:))

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Well the body being how it is the feeling of "hunger" is being sent by the messenger and when it speaks you should listen, it only makes sense that after a period of heavy exertion you will be craving some food to refuel your muscles, glycogen stores etc... are depleted, I am a believer in the timing of adding nutrients when you need them as it is a fact that the body will cannibalize itself if necessary.
I prefer to rebuild rather than breakdown hard earned muskles!

But I am not a "guru" so take it for what it is:))
I don't think that if you're hungry then eat is the basis for the "anabolic window." To this I agree. I also drink a shake after working out then try to eat a meal shortly thereafter. I just don't do it because I'm afraid of missing out on the magic window. And while catabolism is a real possibility, it is not after just a few hours. The body really doesn't work that way.

Fitter x

Fitter x

Nov 13, 2011
I just eat. I try to eat clean, but if I can't then hotdogs and twinkies do just fine. :p

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Ha ha I have those moments when I use the window to get a Wendy's twisted frosty shake with Oreo

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Honestly II I am a little leary of that article you posted....I am a man of science. But I really get irritated when science creates double standards.
Science showed us before that pwo nutrition was important...now we got some academic saying he proved it wrong. I got to say just from pure observation he sounds like some self righteous type whos just out to prove something wrong for the sake of showing the world how much he thinks he may know.
To me the answer is much more simplistic and I truly dont need science or an explanation. If you eat every 2 hours, and have a pre-workout meal say 30-45 minutes before you lift then by the time you finish lifting its time to eat anyways...his logic is almost like saying you can skip meals and it wont make a difference.
Now science has proven that hormonally the body undergoes certain changes during and after the workout..insulin sensitivity being one of them, so who wouldnt want to take advantage of that?I dont care about this guys 'science' one bit, Im not gonna post up any complex hormonal studies and double blind anythings... I dont care and its guys like him who take science and take it to that kind of extreme that I have a problem with...its science proving science wrong. Personally Im going bro-science on this one, and Ill keep getting my grow on thanks.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
To me the answer is much more simplistic and I truly dont need science or an explanation. If you eat every 2 hours, and have a pre-workout meal say 30-45 minutes before you lift then by the time you finish lifting its time to eat anyways...his logic is almost like saying you can skip meals and it wont make a difference.
bingo!!!!!

i have shake 30 minutes prior, shake during, get home and have a shake. about an hour later eat real food again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic