Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

The Anabolic Window!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Does anybody still subscribe to this theory any longer? Brb... better eat before I go catabolic!!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Does anybody still subscribe to this theory any longer? Brb... better eat before I go catabolic!!!

You're a miscer? lol

I don't only because the alleged window times vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours... There's gotta be a supp company that funded the studies behind this theory.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
You're a miscer? lol

I don't only because the alleged window times vary from 20 minutes to 2 hours... There's gotta be a supp company that funded the studies behind this theory.
Bingo!!!

Thank God for the internet and the ability to research until you find unbiased research. When I was a kid, all I had was IronMan. Although I must say, at that time, the magazine was much more credible than the mags are today.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I do, and I utilize the whole 2 hours one meal immediately following and one 1.5 hours later.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I do, and I utilize the whole 2 hours one meal immediately following and one 1.5 hours later.

I do too just for the simple fact that I'm basically eating all day... my window is always open. That being said, AJ, do you subscribe to the actual theory and the principles of ultra-nutrient-timing? Personally, I think it will work but I just don't think it has a very big effect if you don't follow it as long as you hit your caloric goals for the day.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
i agree with POB... yes there is a window.... big it is somewhat large... i think Hany Rambod is really a firm believer in whole meals only..... and most bbers actually eat whole meals after a workout and do not do shakes at all... at least if u watch alot of videos u see that. Supplement companys are always trying to come out with "new" things its all a gimmick for money i dont blame them.....

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
some steamed chicken, veggies and white rice with a nice can of sprite mmmmm sounds good to me

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I do too just for the simple fact that I'm basically eating all day... my window is always open. That being said, AJ, do you subscribe to the actual theory and the principles of ultra-nutrient-timing? Personally, I think it will work but I just don't think it has a very big effect if you don't follow it as long as you hit your caloric goals for the day.

I dont know if you could say I subscribe wholeheartedly, but sure I believe very much in timing of meals, my understanding is the body is metabolically primed post workout.
I can only tell you personally after I lift Im freaking hungry. So I usually have some sort of simple sugar first wait 20 minutes have whey protien and oats. Then about 1.5 hours later a whole food meal, usually some meat and potatoe or pasta.
Take advantage of insulin sensitivity and elevated enzyme activity.

I have a huge appetite like you II I eat all damned day every 2 hours.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I believe in it and take in simple sugar Mixed in with whey protien and a full meal a hour after... Is this really questionable? Thought this was well known basic noob knowledge...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I believe in it and take in simple sugar Mixed in with whey protien and a full meal a hour after... Is this really questionable? Thought this was well known basic noob knowledge...

It is well known for sure. However, it's been disproven many times. I'm not saying it won't work. I'm just saying that it's unnecessary.

Alan Aragon writes:
The post-exercise “anabolic window” is a highly misused & abused concept. Preworkout nutrition all but cancels the urgency, unless you’re an endurance athlete with multiple glycogen-depleting events in a single day. Getting down to brass tacks, a relatively recent study (Power et al. 2009) showed that a 45g dose of whey protein isolate takes appx. 50 minutes to cause blood AA levels to peak. Resulting insulin levels, which peaked at 40 minutes after ingestion, remained at elevations known to max out the inhibition of muscle protein breakdown (15-30 mU/L) for 120 minutes after ingestion. This dose takes 3 hours for insulin & AA levels to return to baseline from the point of ingestion. The inclusion of carbs to this dose would cause AA & insulin levels to peak higher & stay elevated above baseline even longer.

So much for the anabolic peephole & the urgency to down AAs during your weight training workout; they are already seeping into circulation (& will continue to do so after your training bout is done). Even in the event that a preworkout meal is skipped, the anabolic effect of the postworkout meal is increased as a supercompensatory response (Deldicque et al, 2010). Moving on, another recent study (Staples et al, 2010) found that a substantial dose of carbohydrate (50g maltodextrin) added to 25g whey protein was unable to further increase post-exercise net muscle protein balance compared to the protein dose without carbs. Again, this is not to say that adding carbs at this point is counterproductive, but it certainly doesn’t support the idea that you must get your lightning-fast post-exercise carb orgy for optimal results.

Something that people don’t realize is that there’s no “magic anabolic window” that’s open for a short period of time near the workout & then rapidly disappears. As a result of a single training bout, the receptivity of muscle to protein dosing can persist for at least 24 hours (Burd et al, 2011).

Alan doesn't work for the supplement companies. Those who know him and his work know that he's the real deal.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

I wouldn't say that taking in calories post workout is gonna hurt of course... You need them all day. Its the idea that as soon as you put the weight down you gotta hit that protein... I like to relax for a bit, catch my breath, shake of the nausea... I'm not gonna slam a shake back within 20 minutes.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
LIke the other guys I also buy into it. I eat large meals every 2 hours or as closely to 2 hours apart as possiable depending on work. After work out I have a post work out shake I usually mix up a soon as I get home which is about 3 minuts from my gym. Vanilla whey, fat free vanilla frozen yogurt, 2 cups trix cereal, 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese little bit of ice and blend. 1-1 1/2 hours later I eat a big meal usually lean steak and some red potates or sweet potato. then a about an hour later right before been I will put down 2 cups of cottage cheese then off to bed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic