Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

The Anabolic Window!

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
Honestly II I am a little leary of that article you posted....I am a man of science. But I really get irritated when science creates double standards.
Science showed us before that pwo nutrition was important...now we got some academic saying he proved it wrong. I got to say just from pure observation he sounds like some self righteous type whos just out to prove something wrong for the sake of showing the world how much he thinks he may know.
To me the answer is much more simplistic and I truly dont need science or an explanation. If you eat every 2 hours, and have a pre-workout meal say 30-45 minutes before you lift then by the time you finish lifting its time to eat anyways...his logic is almost like saying you can skip meals and it wont make a difference.
Now science has proven that hormonally the body undergoes certain changes during and after the workout..insulin sensitivity being one of them, so who wouldnt want to take advantage of that?I dont care about this guys 'science' one bit, Im not gonna post up any complex hormonal studies and double blind anythings... I dont care and its guys like him who take science and take it to that kind of extreme that I have a problem with...its science proving science wrong. Personally Im going bro-science on this one, and Ill keep getting my grow on thanks.

This^^^

Science can tell me what it likes, But I listen to my body before anything else. What we do know is that working out depletes glycogen etc. IMO the quicker you replenish nutrients the better.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Your anabolic window is only as good as your knowledge of digestion and what you are putting into your body. Digestion is affected by a multitude of factors. "Normal" digestion time for a particular food can be altered depending on what you eat immediately before or after that certain food. Can you be certain you are getting the food into a useable form during that window? So, if you do the research and stay committed then it's worth it, but for the average person I really just don't think you can wrap your head around all that is involved and you are probably better off asking KBD's mom for advice...or you could just ask Gixxer.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Your anabolic window is only as good as your knowledge of digestion and what you are putting into your body. Digestion is affected by a multitude of factors. "Normal" digestion time for a particular food can be altered depending on what you eat immediately before or after that certain food. Can you be certain you are getting the food into a useable form during that window? So, if you do the research and stay committed then it's worth it, but for the average person I really just don't think you can wrap your head around all that is involved and you are probably better off asking KBD's mom for advice...or you could just ask Gixxer.

I talk to KBD's mom all the time, shes really no help here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic