Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Testosterone Cypionate dose?

M

Mr.Wolf

Nov 29, 2015
Greetings to everyone I am new to the Forum so please be patient with me as I learn the do's, dont's and proper terminology.

I started TRT injections almost 2 years ago after being found to have a T level of 370 at age 57. I was tired all the time and felt some depression. I was prescribed a bottle of Testosterone Cypionate 2000mg/10ml (200mg/ml) and BD3ml 25gx1" syringes ...and instructed to inject 1 ml once a week. I felt wonderful and when I retested 60 days later the doctor said my T was way to high now at 950....so he reduced injections to 3/4 ml once per week. I don't recall what it dropped my T level back to but I still felt ok. A few months ago I noticed that my energy was plummeting and I felt maybe my dose needed to be adjusted. My testes have shrunk some and I am wondering if my body is still producing Test on its own. Initially the 950 was the Test. Cyp. combined with the 370 my body was able to produce...is that a correct theory? So if my body has stopped producing Test my level probably dropped dramatically....I had some surplus Test so I shot 1.25cc for a number of weeks and felt like a champ......I will be seeing my Doc again within 10 days and although he is nice guy I don't he is going to let me up my dose. In the event that he does not my prescription will run out prematurely if I don't find an alternate source. One of my questions is are there reliable places to secure an extra bottle occasionaly? I was able to get some boxes of Tesmon-Testosterone Proportionate from a family pharmacist in Southeast Asia but the boxes contain small glass vials that I think have 1ml/25mg dose in each one and from what I have read that it not going to help me. I have a bunch of other questions but I guess I will stop here for now...

Thanks for your patience and hopefully "Input"!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
a couple of answers . . . . . if someone of any age injects Test for almost 2 yrs, there is the risk that was a lifetime commitment, and that exogenous Test will be required for the feel you want, and no going back. At 57yo this is much more likely. Unless you are willing to accept the risks of turning to the black market, your best bet is to work with your current doc or find a slightly more generous doc as to dosing. For mainstream medicine, your current guy does not sound all that stingy, you can find more if you keep hunting, but nobody's gonna prescribe anything near what magazine cover bb's use. There are also docs who will give you less, can be hard to sift through, they won't quote doses over the phone. One of those anti-aging type clinics might be a better bet than a more traditional doc. Not familiar with that brand Test Propionate ​you were able to get, but I am guessing they are 1.0ml amps but with 250mg, not 25, just guessing.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
adding a 2nd thought here . . . it is Test you want, but it comes attached to different esters, which impart a time-release factor so blood levels are kept stable within convenient limits, by which I mean, just how many times a week do you feel like injecting yourself?

Ppl who choose "prop," the one you have in reserve, usually inject every day, at least every other day. The cypionate you were prescribed is a slower release, much more suited to trt strategy, as is enanthate, a near-twin. Do a google for test esters, there are a handful, incl sustanon, a blend of some. I don't think you want that prop you have for trt purposes.

P

pakina9

Mar 20, 2013
If you are still injecting the 1.25 ml you will probably test even higher on your blood test this time than previously tested and your doc will cut you back even more...probably best to be honest with the doc and tell him you weren't feeling the benefits anymore and you upped your dose and it helped so he'll understand why your #'s are higher on this test

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
has your doctor suggested hcg while using the test c or any test for that matter?? I know many recommend hcg as a pct protocol, however i use it throughout and it makes coming off very easy.. and yes i've abused and had mine shrunk to very small marbles, even to the point of being sucked back into my body.. hcg will fix that.. doctors specializing in men's health is the way to go to find a doc that will support your life "feeling" that you are seeking..

M

Mr.Wolf

Nov 29, 2015
Yes I had backed my dose back down to 1cc a few months ago so when I do blood work this time it will reflect that dose. There was no discussion of hcg and I don't know much about it or its side effects or cost.
Yes this will probably be a lifetime commitment...I only know that I was desperately unhappy before I started TRT and must accept that there will be some downsides to TRT.
So is it a reasonable hypothesis to assume my body is producing far less T now because of the synthetic T I am supplying my body with? I guess we will find out with forthcoming blood work. I know 370 was not enough and prompted me to start TRT and maybe 950 too much so maybe a goal of around 600 to 700 would be ideal.
Has anyone heard of people having to increase there dose as there body stops producing T naturally?
If push comes to shove I would explore black market supply options just to keep me from running out if the Doc wont bump me up.
Regarding the small glass vials of Test. Prop. they are indeed 1ml/25mg and I would not dig having to shooting it every day......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic