Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Test Cypionate recipe

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
Why would u be worried about a sterile syringe causing contamination? Just don't touch the syringe or needle to anything that's all. I use a 1.5" 18g to draw from the media bottle. If they have the 45mm top no probs. if u do wanna get the amounts even just use a syringe the size of vial ie use a 30cc syringe for 30cc vial. However any size will do.

I also use sealed sterile vials as I just DIY for myself. The risk of contamination and cost of a crimping tool seemed stupid for my purpose. Sterilizing vials is just another step and way u risk sterility IMHO. For a ugl
Sure I get it. For use DIY why bother when sealed vials are so cheap?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why would u be worried about a sterile syringe causing contamination? Just don't touch the syringe or needle to anything that's all. I use a 1.5" 18g to draw from the media bottle. If they have the 45mm top no probs. if u do wanna get the amounts even just use a syringe the size of vial ie use a 30cc syringe for 30cc vial. However any size will do.

I also use sealed sterile vials as I just DIY for myself. The risk of contamination and cost of a crimping tool seemed stupid for my purpose. Sterilizing vials is just another step and way u risk sterility IMHO. For a ugl
Sure I get it. For use DIY why bother when sealed vials are so cheap?

I'm not/wasn't worried about the syringe causing contamination. Once you remove the filter top your product is exposed to the air. I'm not in a clean room. There was also the issue of actually getting the syringe into the media bottle deep enough to remove the product.

I'm pretty happy just using the pre-sterilized vials since its not for retail. Only drawback to that though is that I would love to be able to put the finished vials into a pressure cooker just as an added security measure. I won't do that with stoppers that have holes in them and risk driving water into it.

EDIT: I wound up just buying the open top media bottle cap and a handful of septas. Washed, boiled, alcohol washed the septa and that made drawing a piece of cake. When I originally had posted this, I wasn't even aware that such a thing existed.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I'll check the septa because I'm going to try a glass media bottle and if I recall the opening was far smaller then the disposable one time use sterricups.
I was just going simply sterilize glass wear and pour it in there then draw it up and put into vials.

While yes it's important to be sterile by all means there's hardly any need to put finished vials in a cooker.

Food for thought and I'm not condoning this but I know a guy who brews. He filters the oil
Only. Then makes the gear seperate and mixes them without filtering the gear that's been melted down and is with the solvents. I was horrified as I used his gear. Tons of it. He said to have an issue requires moisture and bacteria and that's not possible with solvents and it's the oil that is more of a concern.

I still didn't believe him so I tried it myself.....no problems. That said I only did it once and run everything through the .22 sterri cause it still doesn't sit well with me!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'll check the septa because I'm going to try a glass media bottle and if I recall the opening was far smaller then the disposable one time use sterricups.
I was just going simply sterilize glass wear and pour it in there then draw it up and put into vials.

While yes it's important to be sterile by all means there's hardly any need to put finished vials in a cooker.

Food for thought and I'm not condoning this but I know a guy who brews. He filters the oil
Only. Then makes the gear seperate and mixes them without filtering the gear that's been melted down and is with the solvents. I was horrified as I used his gear. Tons of it. He said to have an issue requires moisture and bacteria and that's not possible with solvents and it's the oil that is more of a concern.

I still didn't believe him so I tried it myself.....no problems. That said I only did it once and run everything through the .22 sterri cause it still doesn't sit well with me!

I think your friend is kind of an idiot lol... there most certainly can be dormant organisms in the powder the benzyl benzoate and yes even the benzyl alcohol. Filtration thru a .22 is the only way for a UGL to effectively remove the organism of concern.

The pressure cooker may be overkill but like I said I am not in a clean room. it's like having a gun. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

My media bottle is a 45mm. The septa makes it easy to quickly fill up a 60ml syringe with no issues of contamination.

Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
Yeah I run it through a .22 for sure. I think it's worth the peace of mind! I'll check the septa out thanks!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic