Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Tell me the truth, how many of you do this?

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
As PoB stated...we all suffer from Bigorexia. We are never pleased with our appearance and will never be satisfied. We're not strong enough, big enough or smart enough! We look for satisfaction / ego bumps each and every day to feed our minds. Only to down play the input we receive from our spouses, friends and family. It's a state of mind which hinders us time and time again from reaching...seeing our true potential. Developing the ability to sit back and say I'm satisfied with myself if difficult. No matter what level of experience or conditioning you're at. The mirror lies to us all.

There are times I look in the mirror and think damn..I'm looking good for an old man. Then a few minutes later I look and think..WTF! What happened to me! Crazy...but feel each one of us go through the same emotions.

As for spousal honesty. I feel they (we) honestly are truthful. In our eyes they are perfect. (Uh...non broke back here as I am happily married and love my wife..yes a lady!)

BTW...I work out to look like I'm a lifter. I came to the realization I may never be the pretty beach body boy and will never step on stage in those tiny posing briefs. My ego is stroked when I hear...damn..you're big or you have guns...or you look like you work out..where do you train? Or one of my favorites...you look like you can kill someone!

Last edited:
JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I look at myself in the mirror and think there's no way I'm 220-plus (@ 5'7). But that's what the scale always tells me (unless I've been slacking and drop down to 215-ish). But it's easier to see in pictures - particularly in pics with other people. Of course I'm not super lean and have no desire to be. I'm comfortable with a bodyfat well into the mid teens.

But these days I'm much more flattered when people incorrectly guess my AGE as being a decade younger than it is.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I always assume/think I look small. Always ask the wife annd she tells me I am by no means small. But at 5'11" flat footed and 235lbs with a 32" waist and a huge v taper, in reality I guess I'm not that small. The wife makes a point to point out that people always stare at me in the grocery store or wherever we go when I wear more of a form fitting shirt or clothes in general. But regardless I still think I'm small and need to be bigger.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
In my younger days when I was much bigger my wife then girlfriend would comment that my head was getting smaller as I was getting wider.i am 5 foot 10 but because I had some serious big guys training around me I felt small lol.the biggest issue is when you get older and age catches up to every one,your not going to maintain that size not good for your health so it's a mental thing.just train enjoy it take a little bit of gear to maintain some size and conditioning and not let lifting dictate your life.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I honestly never have any issues like this haha!

You're a big jacked dude Shortz, just keep forging your way and compare yourself to nobody... except maybe your training partner(s) lol.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
What sucks, doesn't matter our weight and size, in our brains we always feel we look the same, no matter what the scale, others, and mirror says. We just see us, not our progress.

I feel small, but just the other day my cousin says to me, your the biggest I've ever seen you, and this is after I lost 10 lbs... so who the F*** knows.

To the woman comment, yes, they just like to mess with us by either lying to make us feel better, or being dishonest when mad, I'd mess back telling her butt is small too, or if she pisses you off, tell her if it gets any bigger your going to use it for a parking lot.....

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
My wife and 4 year old are always ****in with me tellin me I have small muscles then they laugh but then other times my wife says I look big but she always has this tone in her voice and I think its sarcasm. It's funny u brought this up cuz I'm always tellin her to stop ****in with me. Ppl at work tell me I'm gettin big tho so idk they're prolly ****n with me too cuz they no I lift. Prolly never be fully satisfied with how I look either way

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Ha, you all sound like a bunch of chicks.

(except for MF)

That being said, I don't even wear a tank or muscle shirt to the gym anymore. I feel too uncomfortable. I'm back to the big shirts and baggy shorts.

Nothing is ever good enough.

I ****ing hate when the people that only see me in regular clothes say I'm looking skinny when I cut weight. I know it's a compliment (not at first) but I in some way feel insulted.

Also, if someone asks me how much I bench again, I'm going to chop them in the throat :-o

What do regular people know anyways :rolleyes:

HDH

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Ha, you all sound like a bunch of chicks.

(except for MF)

That being said, I don't even wear a tank or muscle shirt to the gym anymore. I feel too uncomfortable. I'm back to the big shirts and baggy shorts.

Nothing is ever good enough.

I ****ing hate when the people that only see me in regular clothes say I'm looking skinny when I cut weight. I know it's a compliment (not at first) but I in some way feel insulted.

Also, if someone asks me how much I bench again, I'm going to chop them in the throat :-o

What do regular people know anyways :rolleyes:

HDH

Someone told me once I was "looking skinny", and I just straight up told them that was an insult to a weight lifter. They quickly apologized and said "No, I meant you look really lean". Then say that.

I just tell people I don't bench anymore. They get a puzzled look on their face like "How do you get big without benching!? ZOMG!"

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I like looking at myself in mirrors in dimly lit rooms - makes me look younger. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic