Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Taking a week off - experiences/advice??

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'm currently trying to lose a ton of body fat and gain some muscle (aren't we all?). I've been crazy successful by losing over 55 lbs since November '11, while gaining strength and recomp'ing rather well.

Recently, I pulled my lower back muscles, strained both my Inguinal Canals, and am battling two week long poison ivy! Shit hit the fan, and the rain has been pouring more than usual. All of which is subsiding at a wonderful pace thanks to recognizing my core more during lifts, resting my abdominals and getting my hands on a friend's prednisilone pack...

Basically, it's time for a break. I didn't want to take my regularly scheduled week off until I finished my eighth week of my current routine... but I don't want to ignore my body either. I'd be starting week 5 today.

The advice I was seeking was how to effectively take advantage of this week off.

What experiences have you had to mold how you treat your breaks from training?

The last time I took a week off it was great. I wasn't as knowledgeable as I am now concerning training, nutrition and vitamin supplementation, so I'm sure there's room for growth this go around.

My strength went up and my preWO worked better, I just want to see if y'all have any tips on what I can do to utilize this rest period.

I'm thinking of starting on a glucosamine or cissus regimen today, definitely keeping up with my daily dosing of Animal Pak, fish oil, creatine and the ECA stack.

Stats: 6'0" 247lbs, 23.5% BF
Calories: 1500-2500 daily in a 20/40/40 split (fat/carb/protein)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Try the cissus for the joints...

As for the deload. Do just that. Relax. You can continue to lift if you want at no more than 50% 1Rm but its my preference to take the time off. Maybe still do some cardio like just walking.

Go get a deep tissue massage to. Worth the cash. Find one that knows what a weightlifter needs.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Try the cissus for the joints...

As for the deload. Do just that. Relax. You can continue to lift if you want at no more than 50% 1Rm but its my preference to take the time off. Maybe still do some cardio like just walking.

Go get a deep tissue massage to. Worth the cash. Find one that knows what a weightlifter needs.

I couldnt agree more bro. I taught POB well ;)

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'm opting to take the time off.
Foam rolling to substitute the massage since funds are low.
If I could just find a foot masseuse...

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I have taken up to a month off when needed. A safe and healthy body is best !

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I like to active rest walk, hike, etc foam Rolling is good and just don't crazy on diet and you'll feel better

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic