Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Supplement magic bullet?

S

SlayerC

Jul 5, 2023
Hey all.

I do the whole Whew protein, etc, thing. But are there are other supplements that can speed up recovery, etc?

I've read good things about TestoFuel, but I'm not convinced.

It's £45 for 120 tablets. But I don't mind. The results for me would justify the costs.

What do you all take, in terms of supplements and whatnot?

Thanks in advance.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
The greatest recovery tool you have in your box is rest. Pay attention to over training.

I think too many new guys are over training and don't understand why. I see guys doing chest on Monday, shoulders on Tuesday and back on Wednesday. Then they complain about having shoulder issues and can't figure out why because they only did shoulders once a week. No, you hit your shoulders 3 days in a row.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
The greatest recovery tool you have in your box is rest. Pay attention to over training.

I think too many new guys are over training and don't understand why. I see guys doing chest on Monday, shoulders on Tuesday and back on Wednesday. Then they complain about having shoulder issues and can't figure out why because they only did shoulders once a week. No, you hit your shoulders 3 days in a row.
Agreed. I would also add you need enough calories to recover.

S

SlayerC

Jul 5, 2023

Trust me when I say that I'm aware. I'm talking projectile vomiting.

Not pretty.

I'm not a newbie. I was weight training for about 5 years prior to covid. Then I got lazy and dropped to a halt.

I would like to make up for lost time. If that's possible.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Trust me when I say that I'm aware. I'm talking projectile vomiting.

Not pretty.

I'm not a newbie. I was weight training for about 5 years prior to covid. Then I got lazy and dropped to a halt.

I would like to make up for lost time. If that's possible.
I think in a year's time of good training you can be back to that point. Just stay consistent

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Some side note advice. Take some pictures in both flexed and relaxed poses and take your measurements.

You may not be awfully happy with what you see, but you'll thank me a year from now.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
IMO, a post workout shake with good hydrolyzed and whey isolate, and 5 grams of L-Glutamine helps me a lot. the L glutamine buffers lactic acid so You can train harder the next day. You won't feel as sore. The whey protein gives those beat up muscles exactly what they need to begin repair.

Fedora7

Fedora7

Jul 6, 2023
TestoFuel is marketed as a testosterone-boosting supplement. It contains a blend of ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts, that are claimed to support testosterone production.
While testosterone plays a vital role in various aspects of male health, including muscle growth, energy levels, and libido, it's important to approach testosterone-boosting supplements with caution.
It's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before considering such supplements, as they may carry potential risks and side effects. A healthcare professional can evaluate your individual health status and guide you towards appropriate strategies to support overall health and well-being.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
TestoFuel is marketed as a testosterone-boosting supplement. It contains a blend of ingredients, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal extracts, that are claimed to support testosterone production.
While testosterone plays a vital role in various aspects of male health, including muscle growth, energy levels, and libido, it's important to approach testosterone-boosting supplements with caution.
It's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before considering such supplements, as they may carry potential risks and side effects. A healthcare professional can evaluate your individual health status and guide you towards appropriate strategies to support overall health and well-being.

1688653287882.jpeg

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Rest
Enough calories for recovery
Enough protein for recovery
Adjusting training to your needs and current condition
Making sure you don't have super low test levels.

After that, if I had to pick a supplement, it would be creatine monohydrate.

S

SlayerC

Jul 5, 2023
Thank you so much for your advice, all. I really appreciate it.

I'll mull it all over. :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic