Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Suggestions for Meal Timing - 12hr Shifts

S

snadykins

Jul 8, 2014
Hello all! I recently joined the forums and am looking for advice on meal timing for working 12 hour shifts. I have start times of 6, 7, and 8 o'clock am and go to the gym before work to do interval training and weights. I currently don't eat before I workout, maybe just a banana and coffee on the drive in. I eat two small meals and two snacks while at work, and then nothing once I get home in the evening. I am wondering if this is maybe not the best plan. Pretty much by the time I get home, I pack my lunch and gym bag for the next day then it's time for bed to get a decent amount of sleep. Any help/suggestions would be great! Thanks!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Help us help you, what are your goals, more details on those 2 small meals + 2 snacks @ work, etc. Sleep is a biggie, but that no meal between work and bed stands out, there are some ppl serious enough to get up in the middle of the night to feed a bit, then back to bed. Not saying this is right or necessary (goals?) for you, but it gives you an idea how far off the mark you are now.

S

snadykins

Jul 8, 2014
My current goal is to lose about 40lbs. I have currently been having a smoothie for breakfast, then salads, subs or sandwiches for lunch. My snacks would consist of things like yogurt and fruit, bagels, veggies and cheese, English muffin and peanut butter. To be honest, I recently realized that my diet isn't the greatest and is holding me back from my goals. I did meal prep today for my next four shifts and it includes egg whites/veggies and oatmeal for breakfast, chicken with brown rice and veggies for lunch, and veggies and hummus and a protein shake and apple for snacks. I was unsure of eating before bed, and also if I should be eating something in the morning before the gym.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
bump ^^^ help a Sister out here. Tbh, diet has never been a problem for me except that I could never eat enough to get as big as I wanted. On the surface it looks like snadykins is doing a lot of the right things to me.

Other thoughts?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic