Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Sub Q injections?

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I have been seeing more people talking about sub Q injections. There’s even some trt clinics that tout this method for there therapy products. This leads me to some questions/curiosity.

Years ago, I was always told that the oils need to be IM. Some even the deeper, the better. What changed? Was our bro science wrong?

Can any type of carrier oil be used sub Q?

Can any compound (or various ester) be used sub Q?

What gauge needle would be used? How do you/how long to smash oil through a slin pin? I have only ever used 3cc tubes with a 25gx1 needle.

What’s the new bro science on this? Any good research docs that I can reference?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I went sub-q for a while, but stopped after I started having a lot skin irritation even on as little as .1 ml. I even have some dark spots from 5 months ago where I injected sub-q that look like bruises that never went away. Skin even flaked up and peeled. I shot that same gear IM and didn't have any issues. Now if I inject daily I just use a slin pin and go shallow IM.

Warm it up on a heating pad or run it under hot water for a bit. You can push castor oil through a 31 g once it is warm.

Also, from what I have heard from guys like Dr. Todd Lee and Dr. Scott Stevenson is there is not a single shred of evidence that shows sub-q to be better than IM. What references will tell you is daily injections are better than eod or even less frequency and almost all use sub-q as their delivery method. However, the method in which it is injected doesn't matter.

956Vette

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
Inexperienced and low information users tout their short-term subcutaneous success. In the end, broscience wins over bozo clinic as subq administrations are unsustainable and will potentially leave ugly inj sites in the mid-long term. Guinea pig at your own risk, and don't buy into any hopium of decreased aromatization. On rare occasions I will get cute with subq TRT by adding a low dosage administration in hopes of mildly delayed absorption before traveling....

C

CesarIM

Jan 8, 2024
I have been seeing more people talking about sub Q injections. There’s even some trt clinics that tout this method for there therapy products. This leads me to some questions/curiosity.

Years ago, I was always told that the oils need to be IM. Some even the deeper, the better. What changed? Was our bro science wrong?

What gauge needle would be used? How do you/how long to smash oil through a slin pin? I have only ever used 3cc tubes with a 25gx1 needle.

What’s the new bro science on this? Any good research docs that I can reference?
Ive tried it before during my TRT .All I do is put a little air in my set up drop it in a cup of hot water for a minute ,with a 31 guage it goes in like water. Squeexe the air out and pin. Feels like it leaves a lump in the area and I dont like it. Ultimately when using more gear it wont work well. Sub Q is more for people who are scared of needles or look for less pain..lol Im sure youre not in the game because you are scared of anything..lol

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
I normally heat my oils as well. I have steam radiator heat so the winter months make it easy to warm. Otherwise I do the cup of hot water. I’ve found that it helps flow and pip for me.

How long does it take to inject 1through a 31g? That’s on a 1cc, I assume?

I’ve heard that larger plungers in the syringe take more pressure to move the oil…something with the fluid dynamics of a wider mass compressing into a tiny hole. I’ve never experimented with anything. Do you feel a 1cc slin pin, with is smaller plunger, will move oil easier through a given size pin?

curious if I can get away with 27 or 29g and not drastically extend the injection duration. My biggest problem is my unsteady hands. I have some nerve issues and it’s often difficult to steady my hands. I typically only pin my VG and quads so I can rest my arm against my body to steady it. At times I get some pip from bad injects/movement. Just wondering if there’s a way that I can still push oil pretty quickly with a smaller pin. Not sure if the smaller pin is an option, or if it can help minimize scarring. I’m not at TRT levels yet, but expect to be within a few years. I need the long haul.

I’m not super interested in doing sub Q, it was more of a general question. Over the past couple years, I hear of it more frequently and I was like whaaatt? Wasn’t sure if it made sense for additional pin locations.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Inexperienced and low information users tout their short-term subcutaneous success. In the end, broscience wins over bozo clinic as subq administrations are unsustainable and will potentially leave ugly inj sites in the mid-long term. Guinea pig at your own risk, and don't buy into any hopium of decreased aromatization. On rare occasions I will get cute with subq TRT by adding a low dosage administration in hopes of mildly delayed absorption before traveling....
Ive been doing subQ for 17 years. I am not low information user. I've never had a scar. The only exception is with MCT oil which takes twice as long to dissipate and is more irritating. I use a 27g slin pin and routinely injection .42cc to .65cc depending on my dose. I rotate between 4 inj sites. 2 in the abs and 1 in each thigh subQ. Currently I'm doing 150mg a week. .42cc every 4th day.

My depot under the skin is typically completely gone in a few hours. My blood work is typically the 1100s when I do 150mg a week subQ. I rarely take an AI.

Last edited:
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I normally heat my oils as well. I have steam radiator heat so the winter months make it easy to warm. Otherwise I do the cup of hot water. I’ve found that it helps flow and pip for me.

How long does it take to inject 1through a 31g? That’s on a 1cc, I assume?

I’ve heard that larger plungers in the syringe take more pressure to move the oil…something with the fluid dynamics of a wider mass compressing into a tiny hole. I’ve never experimented with anything. Do you feel a 1cc slin pin, with is smaller plunger, will move oil easier through a given size pin?

curious if I can get away with 27 or 29g and not drastically extend the injection duration. My biggest problem is my unsteady hands. I have some nerve issues and it’s often difficult to steady my hands. I typically only pin my VG and quads so I can rest my arm against my body to steady it. At times I get some pip from bad injects/movement. Just wondering if there’s a way that I can still push oil pretty quickly with a smaller pin. Not sure if the smaller pin is an option, or if it can help minimize scarring. I’m not at TRT levels yet, but expect to be within a few years. I need the long haul.

I’m not super interested in doing sub Q, it was more of a general question. Over the past couple years, I hear of it more frequently and I was like whaaatt? Wasn’t sure if it made sense for additional pin locations.
Yes. the smaller the cyclinder diameter the easier it is to push through.

Last edited:
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I don't think subQ is for everybody. My very first few injections had the typical inflamed response but they disappeared completely for me. If people have the inflammation response then it can be painful and irritating. I consider myself very lucky that I can do subQ because I would be very tired on 1-inch IM doses after 17 years. I have been a guinea pig on myself that is how I discovered MCT oil as very irritating and I could see how scarring could occur but my body eventually absorbed it completely and I have stayed away from MCT. But standard grape seed is fine and I've never had an issue with Rx grade. Also, the closer to the belly button the worse. so I am inbetween my hip and belly button area. the sides of thighs are great.

I'm also 15% all the time or less so maybe that has something to do with it.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011

Grapeseed works well for me.
I've deca and tren seems to absorb the same as test.
I use the biggest slin I can find at 27g. 31g will take longer to load. 27g takes around a minute probably. I haven't timed it but its not that long.
I can only say it works very well for me and I've done it for around 17 years.

I did it before any clinic recommended it. I saw some trans male doing 50mg a week subQ on youtube way back then and she/he completely viralized on that dose and I said wtf!!! I'm trying it.

Last edited:
W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I use (for years) and recommend to clients on HRT or otherwise, a shallow IM. 27 g x 1/2", upper/outer glute. No scarring, hard to hit anything of significance with 1/2", use Easy Touch brand, draws oils (MCT fastest, other a little slower at room temp) in a minute or so, 1cc push in seconds. Painless. Compared labs to deep IM, identical. Better than deep IM on a number of levels.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I don't think subQ is for everybody. My very first few injections had the typical inflamed response but they disappeared completely for me. If people have the inflammation response then it can be painful and irritating. I consider myself very lucky that I can do subQ because I would be very tired on 1-inch IM doses after 17 years. I have been a guinea pig on myself that is how I discovered MCT oil as very irritating and I could see how scarring could occur but my body eventually absorbed it completely and I have stayed away from MCT. But standard grape seed is fine and I've never had an issue with Rx grade. Also, the closer to the belly button the worse. so I am inbetween my hip and belly button area. the sides of thighs are great.

I'm also 15% all the time or less so maybe that has something to do with it.
Body fat does help. Even in the off season I try not to let myself get over 12%. When you are in the single digits it can be hard to find locations to inject sub-q that doesn't leave a bit of a lump. When you get to the point a 4 mm pen needle straight into the abs or thigh is hitting muscle, there isn't much of a fat layer.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic