What's New?

Stubborn fat areas

• Thread starter cockswole_gentleman
  • Start Date
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I never made it to 300 lbs, but I spent a lot of my adult life around 255 lbs and my waist was usually around 37 inches. Now I am sitting at 186 lbs and waist is 31.5 inches and I have the loose skin issue in the lower abs. It was not prominent when I was hanging out at around 10% BF, but now 9 weeks out from a show and sitting somewhere around 6% it is definitely noticeable. Water retention actually makes mine a little better. When I am bone dry it looks like wrinkled paper and you can actually mover around the wrinkles. Tried the old preparation H trick, didn't work. May just try and use some tape to pull it a bit tighter under my trunks.
Dan Duchaine had me mix up a prep H cream with theophylline and yohimbe for this problem in 97. I would apply right before tanning. Maybe worked but he also had me on a 5/2 keto diet so it seemed like the skin would come and go. Also my skin/fat was not from being 300 but a result of a surgery I had as a kid.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
Increase cardio and reduce carbs.
I do clen cycles occasionally too and they’re great for love handles and stubborn deep belly fat.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Dan Duchaine had me mix up a prep H cream with theophylline and yohimbe for this problem in 97. I would apply right before tanning. Maybe worked but he also had me on a 5/2 keto diet so it seemed like the skin would come and go. Also my skin/fat was not from being 300 but a result of a surgery I had as a kid.
The old Bodyopus diet. That thing is money if you can stick to it. It is a lot harder than a standard keto diet. On standard keto you kick the carb cravings and you are good, but with Bodyopus you never kick them, because you are back on carbs every weekend. When I did it, by Thursday I was ready to kill a motherf*cker for some carbs.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
he was right... a couple studies out there using theophylline or aminophylline topically with local fat loss.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Helios- sorry if this sounds biased, but sharing genuinely: I think too many people don't use it correctly, people complain of lumps but, they inject too much at one site... I believe it should be used like Kybella, multiple, small inject spread over the desired area, then massaged well after...

Also, it should be stopped maybe a week before the show/shoot/vacation/etc as it can/does promote a small amount of localized swelling... yohimbine also promotes slight water retention and many coaches will have their client stop oral yohimbine several days before the show.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Rubber stomach wraps- voodoo right? Broscience... not entirely... put your hand on your love handle compared to other body parts, they are usually more cool to the touch... it is true that while exercise liberalizes FFA from the entire body, blood flow to an area does help liberalize FFA from the worked area (I'm not necessarily saying/promoting "spot reduction" though).. find a cream with aminophylline or theophylline... or even spread on 0.1 capsaizin cream and wrap the area for the entire day... try for a week... no, it's not "dramatic", but you can pull a decent amount of water and see pretty good results

The last thing- is really "fat" there or loose (and thick) skin? I went to a crypto-cooling place for my umbilical area and the lady was surprisingly honest, she grabbed the loose area in her hand, "This isn't fat, it's all skin"

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I was watching one of John Meadows' old seminars and they talked about increasing your vitamin A when on T3 and you might see a boost in the effectiveness, so I added in 2400 mcg of vitamin A 3x per day and it works. I was going to increase the T3 from 50 mcg to 75 mcg, but the extra vitamin A made it to where I didn't have to.

Vitamin A caused a significant reduction in serum TSH concentrations in obese (p = 0.004) and nonobese (p = 0.001) groups. Serum T3 concentrations also increased in both obese and nonobese vitamin A-treated groups (p < 0.001). Serum T4 decreased in all 3 groups after treatment.

The decrease in serum T4 is presumably simply from the increased conversion to T3 since it was elevated.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Rubber stomach wraps- voodoo right? Broscience... not entirely... put your hand on your love handle compared to other body parts, they are usually more cool to the touch... it is true that while exercise liberalizes FFA from the entire body, blood flow to an area does help liberalize FFA from the worked area (I'm not necessarily saying/promoting "spot reduction" though).. find a cream with aminophylline or theophylline... or even spread on 0.1 capsaizin cream and wrap the area for the entire day... try for a week... no, it's not "dramatic", but you can pull a decent amount of water and see pretty good results

The last thing- is really "fat" there or loose (and thick) skin? I went to a crypto-cooling place for my umbilical area and the lady was surprisingly honest, she grabbed the loose area in her hand, "This isn't fat, it's all skin"
When I used the preparation H I would wrap my waist in plastic wrap. It would pull all the water out, but did nothing for tightening up the skin itself. It actually was worse.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
When I used the preparation H I would wrap my waist in plastic wrap. It would pull all the water out, but did nothing for tightening up the skin itself. It actually was worse.
That makes sense actually.... that's where dermarolling would be a benefit, BUT, that can take a few months to really see results so maybe that should be done on a regular monthly basis.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic