Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Strong Coffee

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I do Deathwish and I definitely like it. If I had an expresso machine, I would be on that in a minute. I guess it also begs the question, are you a regular coffee drinker throughout the day, or someone who drinks it to start your day. I used to drink coffee several times a day, but now it more often than not once upon rising. I know some of the coffees with higher caffeine levels seem to mess with your stomach.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
little dirt added will give you a kick

just dap a little shine in there too

I drink busto myself but not often -- my oversized heart has a hard enough time pumping blood to my Italian sausage

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have been a fan of espresso and cafe-americanos for years now since a friend of mine from Switzerland introduced me to pressure brew machines almost 20 years ago. I got my first machine and my wife thought I was crazy....but the first Saeco lasted me 10+ years. I recently upgraded to a nicer unit and no regrets. I have a few cups every morning, and my wife has cappuccinos and lattes' on a daily basis. It is like Starbuck at home (but I prefer a better roast than they use). We primarily use Lavazza GranCrema beans.

An 'americano' is essentially espresso type brew with more water to the strength of coffee. But the brew method brings out different flavor profiles in the coffee.

If you go for a 'superautomatic', you cant go wrong with a Saeco. You can buy a cheaper machine for 6-700 or a nicer one is about double that. You can spend even more, but above 1500 they are just different gizmos and all do the same thing.

The biggest thing you get with the higher end ones, is a milk frothing carafe that automatically steams the milk as well and makes cappuccinos and lattes at the touch of one button.

dUCtLHS.jpg

OoIZsQq.jpg

rCNUo0W.jpg

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I always go with Folgers or a store brand (typically Folgers in their wrapper).

But, instead of the recommended amount of coffee beans, I bump that amount up at least 25%. It just gives the coffee so much more flavor, and that really doesn't use too much more coffee grounds.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Bustelo, La Llave, Mayorga Cuban, Death Wish.
I have the Breville BES880 machine and love it. I love Bustelo but now that the Breville has a grinder I am trying whole beans to grind.
Every coffee is different therefore the grind setting is different. It's fun experimenting at the expense of wasting some coffee.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I just put 3 k cups in a single

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
The biggest thing you get with the higher end ones, is a milk frothing carafe that automatically steams the milk

Arnold said "Milk is for babies". said in a really cool Arnold voice of course.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
that is insane! I wanna try it lol
Over a gram of caffeine per 12oz serving?

I think LK’s search is over.

lolz yeah no kidding! its actually not a bad taste tho. if you put it in a small cup tho its pretty strong. i dont have any effects to caffeine but my wife, she drank about 4oz and hated me the rest of the day...well more so than normal. and the price on it is aint bad at all. i had bought 2, 2nd was bc it was 50% off bc the 1st one came without the aluminum lid - their supplier had an uh oh moment

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic