Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK

Strength Building Equipment

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've got a visa gift card and I'm thinking about blowing it on getting some equipment that I can bring to the gym to help me build up some raw lifting power... We've already got some chains at the gym so I'm good there. But I'm thinking about bands from eliteFTS. They're pretty versatile and I've seen them in action. I know Halo uses them. But I'm wondering what you guys think. I've got $100 bucks I'll spend on equipment... What would you get to help you build your lifts (besides cheque drops ;) )

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I am a fan of the bands haven't used the chains very much if I only had one set of bands it would be the fat ass yellow ones from elitefts I use for Dead Lifts they have been a huge help on my upper end of my dead which was my problem, I've added about 50lbs to my 1RM using them.

Second I love my Super Ram from Titan Super RAM - Increase Your Bench Press - Powerlifting Training Device
I've added 80lbs to my 1RM on bench with it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am a fan of the bands haven't used the chains very much if I only had one set of bands it would be the fat ass yellow ones from elitefts I use for Dead Lifts they have been a huge help on my upper end of my dead which was my problem, I've added about 50lbs to my 1RM using them.

Second I love my Super Ram from Titan Super RAM - Increase Your Bench Press - Powerlifting Training Device
I've added 80lbs to my 1RM on bench with it.

Thanks Halo, always appreciate your tips bro!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Bands are good. I prefer the short bands.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I'm with RR, the short bands have had the greatest impact the long ones, I could take em or leave em.

Big Ass Tires are free sledgehammers are about 40 bucks for a 16lb'r. But I really want a Prowler :D There’s No Vaccination

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Prowlers suck.You can always push a car around Halo.I am dead serious you drop down to the bumper for hand placement and push it around .You will get a prowler effect . And there my friend is your redneck tip of the day LMAO.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
prowlers suck in a good way, and the low handles on a prowler are lower than a bumper. I'd probably buy a decent drag sled or harness tho.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
We've got a variety of sleds, tires and hammers at my gym... By the way halo - queue up 30 seconds in that prowler video ;)

I'm looking at some mini-bands for sure. But that Super-Ram looks pretty fun too!!! AAAH I CAN'T DECIDE!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
pob do they have harnesses? like good ones? most dont cuz they aint cheap. power hooks are nice...beyond that i start getting into grip stuff lol

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
pob do they have harnesses? like good ones? most dont cuz they aint cheap. power hooks are nice...beyond that i start getting into grip stuff lol

Ummm harness :confused: vvvvvv

23000651.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic