Latest Member
TableEffit
What's New?

Straad droppin in

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Hey gang. Saw a few names I recognized so I registered to say whats up.
Been around online since before animal even had his own board.
never made a big to do just hang out and stay in the loop.
Used to powerlift but getting old and powerlifting dont go well together. so a knee surgery and bad shoulder later I changed sports
Roll jiujitsu now and need hrt to stay on the mats.

see ya around

Be careful b/c BJJ is worse on the shoulders than PLing.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Just avoid omoplatas and kimuras.

:D

And also avoid americana's (key lock), getting thrown, etc..... BJJ is much worse on the body than any lift imho. I was talking to Jacare about this the other day. He was surprised I would say that since we lift so much but BJJ puts pressure at weird angles which causes A LOT of injuries.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
And also avoid americana's (key lock), getting thrown, etc..... BJJ is much worse on the body than any lift imho. I was talking to Jacare about this the other day. He was surprised I would say that since we lift so much but BJJ puts pressure at weird angles which causes A LOT of injuries.

Definitely. I think it's important that your training partners are aware of these things too. Take care of each other.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Definitely. I think it's important that your training partners are aware of these things too. Take care of each other.

That's a very good point. You also have to watch out for what classes you're training in throughout the day. In competition classes the guys/gals aren't going to take it easy.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Welcome Straad. Good to see you over here. ;)

Straad

Straad

Oct 29, 2014
Thanks all. Hey Shortz, you're over here too huh.

I find if my shoulders are sore after rolling it is because I am using to much strength, like once i took a couple months off for an injury and coming back my shoulders hurt. I wasn't relying on technique. I never roll 100% its easy and technical. if i find i need to push something hard I just bail on it and go to something else.
I already know I am big and strong. (6'4" 250, lean) I am on the mats to improve technique. Ideally a move should require almost no strength at all and when it feel so easy I didn't have to try I must have it right.
..That and I tap early if caught. I try to leave the ego at the door and reward the guy for a good move.

I'm down to roll with anyone. As long as I say "not gay" it's okay right?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, thanks for joining.

M

micdiesel

Nov 5, 2014
Dude Strand.... is the from the forgotten realms series? ****ing brilliant. I haven't heard that name in years

M

micdiesel

Nov 5, 2014
Sorry Straad I have to watch Mr auto correct

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic