Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Sterilysed glass media bottles

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I wanted to touch on something here that I have been reading up on.

Medical / surgical tool are sterilized with only 91% alcohol, read up on it.

Some hospitals may do it different but I have read the this is the norm.

They let it soak a few minutes and that's it.

Bleach and Alcohol is not necessary to do both just one or the other but I would always use extreme hot water and soap 1st.

A lot of top dogs in the game do this it's how I 1st learned about it.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Also like Lizard was pointing out and I do this also, steam IMO is the best to sterilize.

P

PEZ

Nov 21, 2011
Silly easy and it works.

anti-bacterial dish soap if you wanta be a techy bastad~ ! lol
actualy a hydrogen-peroxide wash 20% if you can get it followed by distilled water.
IF you only have Hydrogen-peroxide 5% than soak and wash for at least 5 minutes of contact time. (1 minute with 20%)
several ways to score with this damn thing.

For you guys using the alcohol 91% or above ,soak and wash for at least 1 minute contact time.

Pay attention to your contact times with the solvents, with the heating you all will be fine.

I havn't seen any bad advice posted in this thread,

Lets discuss it with respect to others or GTFO of the thread!
Wouldn't methanol be more effective ? The key is unless you have an autoclave with sealing bags (helps if you have friends in tatooing) these ways work well.

P

PEZ

Nov 21, 2011
It would be a nice biz idea of someone to sell sterilized stoppers (say bags of 5) or pre-sterilzed glass media bottles and caps (45mm and 33mm).

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I use hot water and soap, pressure cooker at 15psi and 91% alcohol.

The alcohol is what I use last and if not used right away I will give an alcohol bath again prior to use.

It's overkill all combine hell I even add bleach in at times but I'd rather be thorough then lazy.

I just had 2 surgeries done in 2 weeks and it takes them about 30 minutes to clean the room after each surgery, they use 91% Alcohol during the process and to sterilize the tools.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic