Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Stem Cell Therapy

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I know there are quite a few members here struggling with back issues, hip issues, shoulder issues etc

Like myself many of you have had surgeries or are looking into surgeries at some point.

Myself ive had several major back surgeries and a right hip replacement. I now need a left hip replacement and dealing with pain on a daily basis.

Not sure how many have looked into stem cell therapy but i was on a 1 hour zoom televisit yesterday with a stem cell provider so just wanted to share the info i got from the visit. Might encourage some others to look into it before having surgery.

So the main thing obviously most probably know its not covered by insurance. So that probably shuns most people away without even looking into it. Which i can totally understand.

The main reason im looking into it myself even though i know my insurance won't cover it is because ive had two back surgeries and im still in a lot of pain and they fucked up my right hip replacement. So im reluctant to have another surgery.

So anyway the company i looked into end got on a zoom call is called Springs Rejuvenation. They have multiple locations in the US. There are several other places in Panama and Mexico. Anyone that listens to Joe Rogan probably has heard about them.
The reason i choose Springs Rejuvenation mainly because of their track record. These are the guys that Payton Manning went to.

Also they have a satisfaction guarantee. If after 6 months you havent gotten the results promised they'll give you another treatment free or refund your money. Not sure if the other stem cell places offer that.

So what does it cost? They have several options as far as treatments go but basically its $8500 for a treatment. In my case i need two different treatments so it was $17000. Yes its expensive but if you consider the fact that if it doesnt work, you get your money back. Plus there is no down time and no lost work.

So compare that to surgery covered by insurance. You still have deductibles and out of pocket expenses which would probably be at least half of $8500 maybe more depending on your insurance and no guarantee. So in my case i spent quite a bit of money even with insurance and im not much better off then before the surgeries.

So i think Stem Cell is and should be an option before just jumping into a surgery.

I have PDFs with a ton of info they sent me if anyone is interested.

Just thought id share the info because i know a lot of you guys are dealing with one thing or another.

You can also just google Springs Rejuvenation for their website link.

I highly recommend at least just looking into stem cell therapy before having surgery.

Best of luck to all the guys dealing with pain.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I hear Fouad and Dennis James talking great things about it, but mentioned something about you had to travel outside the US to get the best treatment. Mostly, due to the limitations the government places on treatment in the US. Price was still about the same as you mentioned.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
First, I'm not offering financial advice but taxpayers can claim medical expenses that exceed 7.5% of their adjusted gross incomes (AGIs), subject to certain rules. You can claim travel expenses, rx, cost of insurance all count towards that 7.5. consult with a tax or finance professional if you consider it.
Stem cells are amazing in general I'm not up to date on use of specific or targeted treatment.
I think they found a new way to harvest but the reason stem cell research and treatment is/was limited is because it was harvested from embryos and some people had moral issues with that.
I'm sorry to hear about the surgeries. Before I get surgery I research and get the best of the best, take more time and money but my last hip surgery I feel great. What kind of back surgery did you have? Can a diff surgeon correct it? I'm not advocating for surgery just asking. I understand the lengths people will go through to have pain stop. What exactly are the 2 therapy s treating I do alittle research.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I thought stem cell therapy is illegal in the US and you had to have it done in another country. I know there are Dr's who do a version of stem cell where they take some of your blood and spin it and then inj. it into the injured area. There is an Osteopathic office where I live and they have a Dr. who does that for $700 an inj. about 5 yrs. ago. I had a consultation for my shoulder but after the MRI he said there was to much damage and it required surgery.

Lurch

Lurch

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2013
I thought stem cell therapy is illegal in the US and you had to have it done in another country. I know there are Dr's who do a version of stem cell where they take some of your blood and spin it and then inj. it into the injured area. There is an Osteopathic office where I live and they have a Dr. who does that for $700 an inj. about 5 yrs. ago. I had a consultation for my shoulder but after the MRI he said there was to much damage and it required surgery.
It depends on how the stem cells are harvested. I have a pretty serious shoulder injury and want to look into it more. From what I understand the most effective and cost efficient stem cell treatments need to be done outside the US, of course. I have not heard as good of things about the method where they harvest it from your own blood or fat, etc. But more is being done with it in the US, rightfully so.

Another more affordable option, that can be done in the US, is prolozone or ozone injections. In some cases it is said to be as effective as stem cell treatment.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wow. I suffer from chronic cynicism when it comes to the keen business sense many doctors develop as time passes after acquiring that medical degree.

Nice to see one who walked away from some money and gave a sales prospect straight scoop while also saving you time and money.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
i hear you have to keep getting them like every 6 months.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Wow. I suffer from chronic cynicism when it comes to the keen business sense many doctors develop as time passes after acquiring that medical degree.

Nice to see one who walked away from some money and gave a sales prospect straight scoop while also saving you time and money.
Well, he is one in a group of about a dozen osteopathic surgeons. This group has shoulder, hip, knee, hand, etc., surgeons. I'm guessing there paid based on how the group does so there is no benefit to hoarding the treatments.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have heard good and bad things about a couple dudes going to Mexico to get them. One guy swears by it, another says he felt nothing and thinks the doc shot him with saline and took his $. Buyer beware.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic