Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

State Finalist!!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
State wrestling tournament was this past weekend and my daughter ended up with a 2nd place finish! Lost her finals match by points to a girl nationally ranked in the top 10. This years state tournament was definitely one of the coolest experiences ever.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
State wrestling tournament was this past weekend and my daughter ended up with a 2nd place finish! Lost her finals match by points to a girl nationally ranked in the top 10. This years state tournament was definitely one of the coolest experiences ever.
That is awesome brother! Congratulations! I was waiting for a post on how she did.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Congratulations! It sounds like she is really pushing herself & it shows!

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
That is awesome brother! Congratulations! I was waiting for a post on how she did.
Thanks brother, it was such a cool experience all around this year. We qualified so many kids so the atmosphere was awesome as they cheered for each other. We had several state champs in the boys and 2 girls placed. My daughter was thrilled with 2nd because that girl has destroyed her the 3 times they met in the past.. this time it went the distance and the girl was exhausted so we’re closing the gap quickly.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Congratulations! It sounds like she is really pushing herself & it shows!
Thanks brother and yes she is, she got the coaches to let her train some with one of the boys the second half of the season which really elevated her game. Now she’s going to compete on our state team in some national duels and compete in the big off season tournaments.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thanks brother and yes she is, she got the coaches to let her train some with one of the boys the second half of the season which really elevated her game. Now she’s going to compete on our state team in some national duels and compete in the big off season tournaments.
Can't imagine how exciting/satisfying this must be.

How do you, or she, or the team coaches balance your input to this experience?

(my kids ain't kids anymore, I'm still trying to figure "parenting" out)

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Thanks fellas, I’m beyond proud. The amount of drive and determination she has shown blows me away. From damn near begging to train with the boys sometimes so they can push her harder than the other girls to the discipline with her diet and weight training has been incredible. She has a 6 pack that ALMOST puts me to shame, lol. Her goal this off season is to break into the nation rankings.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
Congrats

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Can't imagine how exciting/satisfying this must be.

How do you, or she, or the team coaches balance your input to this experience?

(my kids ain't kids anymore, I'm still trying to figure "parenting" out)
I don’t have much input when it comes to the wrestling. Me and both daughters used to train jiu jitsu but I knew absolutely nothing about wrestling. My only input has been to help her with her diet and strength and conditioning some but mainly I help her mental game. She competed all over the country in jiu jitsu and I’ve learned what to say (and not say) to motivate, calm her down, pump her up, etc… tricky part is my youngest is so different and l’m still working on dialing her in, lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic