Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

started boxing

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
It can happen anywhere but why do fights always find the same people? Why was I always getting into fights when I was younger and now never do? You got the wrong mentality, just walk away. 95% of fights can be avoided, who gives a shit if some dude "steps to you"? You kinda sound like "that guy" that always seems to have something happen to him every time he gets drunk.
what do I give a shit what u think? U handle things how u like and ill do the same.thank u come again

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
It can happen anywhere but why do fights always find the same people? Why was I always getting into fights when I was younger and now never do? You got the wrong mentality, just walk away. 95% of fights can be avoided, who gives a shit if some dude "steps to you"? You kinda sound like "that guy" that always seems to have something happen to him every time he gets drunk.

finds often find people bc of how they look. that's my case anyway.

it happens less as you get older bc our testosterone levels drop at 35 and we're not as aggressive.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I think HGH's balls finally dropped... whats next? you gonna put your dick in a vagina????

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
lol.. and I would double down on whatever schultz1 would pay to ring your bell holmes... loser buys the beer... so bring some money

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
I want to take BJJ next.

But I wanted to start with striking. I'd rather show up to BJJ as the boxer who wants to take it to the next level, than as the random new homo.

Break the wrist & walk away

images (8).jpg

Last edited:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey HGH, don't know how I missed this thread. Congratulations on picking up a sport that you like that's a great workout for you!

Boxing is an excellent way to stay in shape! It's very challenging, and I liken it to human chess. Obviously, speed, strength and endurance are very important, but there's a ton of strategy and learning of your opponent.

I've taken boxing and BJJ as workouts over the years. Both are great workouts. The BJJ was extremely tough on my joints, and I was prone to injury. Boxing seemed a bit easier on my body, but everybody is different.

If's funny. I think the one thing that helped me from boxing is I'm more relaxed in a situation where someone throws a punch at me. I think it's just human nature to flinch, close your eyes or cover up when someone swings at you. You learn pretty quickly to keep you head up and your eyes open! LOL I don't consider myself much of a fighter, but after training a bit, at least I feel like I could defend myself.

I'm not too quick, so I'd never be a great fighter. My best attribute is that I can take a pretty good beating! LOL I guess having a bunch of brothers growing up had its advantages...

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
I kick boxed for 10 years in my younger days. Weight will not be a problem. Its the best cardio I know off. Wear head gear. Calulaflower ears dont look good.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Hey HGH, don't know how I missed this thread. Congratulations on picking up a sport that you like that's a great workout for you!

Boxing is an excellent way to stay in shape! It's very challenging, and I liken it to human chess. Obviously, speed, strength and endurance are very important, but there's a ton of strategy and learning of your opponent.

I've taken boxing and BJJ as workouts over the years. Both are great workouts. The BJJ was extremely tough on my joints, and I was prone to injury. Boxing seemed a bit easier on my body, but everybody is different.

If's funny. I think the one thing that helped me from boxing is I'm more relaxed in a situation where someone throws a punch at me. I think it's just human nature to flinch, close your eyes or cover up when someone swings at you. You learn pretty quickly to keep you head up and your eyes open! LOL I don't consider myself much of a fighter, but after training a bit, at least I feel like I could defend myself.

I'm not too quick, so I'd never be a great fighter. My best attribute is that I can take a pretty good beating! LOL I guess having a bunch of brothers growing up had its advantages...

i'm also slow AF but can take a beating. my brother tried to murder me daily for years.

i def want to take BJJ next. i just figured that as a complete noob boxing was better to start first.

I kick boxed for 10 years in my younger days. Weight will not be a problem. Its the best cardio I know off. Wear head gear. Calulaflower ears dont look good.

that sounds fun too. not getting kicked in the head though YIKES.

i actually already have an un-noticeably small bit of cauliflower ear on the left, like the size of a candy corn. i got in a fight in college when i had a cartilige piercing and it got ripped out. it healed okay with a tiny micro lump. then in like 2009 i had a friend who just wanted to fight/wrestle constantly and it started getting bigger.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic