Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

St .Pattys strongest laddy write up.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Woke up at 5:30 and immediatly set my alarm for 6:30 my thinking was i could just drive faster to get to the comp. 5:45 talked myself into getting up because I wanted to go to the coffee shop before leaving and it was a bit out of the way.

Got coffee stuck in my old school mix cd (coolio ,skee-lo ,lil troy etc) and jammed on down the road for a few hours.

Got checked in and went to the event location.

My knee felt great but I wantes to be cautious.I taped and double sleeved it for good measure. Amazingly it held up and feels great even after the comp.

First event ,Yoke /farmers medley:
Dont know my time but I know my legs almost buckled form me going so fast .Fat Kids arent made to sprint especially with 300 pounds in thier hands.Won this event.

Second event ,overhead press medley:
I got to go second in this event and knew all I had to do was be quick on the log .I was so quick I smacked my chin and didnt even realize it .

Third event :the dreaded tire . I lost this event by a few flips .

Fourth event:
Duckwalk/sled medley:
I dont know why but it seems they enjoy finding the hardest stuff for us to do.i had never seen a duckwalk like this it was the width of a propane cylinder and the handle was at most two inches above the implement.The implement wasnt heavy I simply couldnt move fast with it.By the time I got to the sled she was near the finish line with hers she won this event.

Stones: I was spanked by her on this event . My stones suck at the moment. Something I will be focusing on.

Overall I had a great time.It is always nice to see the local strongmen get together.this comp was FAST .We did 5 events in two hours trying to beat the rain .

Trentracks came down and watched.i feel like a shithead because I didnt even realize he was there until the 3rd event. I get in my own world when competing . I appreciate the support TT .It was great to see you.

Last edited:
trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
was cool,great event other than the weather had a great time

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good effort RR... Pretty cool of TT to come out and support you too.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ok this is the evil duckwalk with my 6'3 training partner holding it up

ajnnf8.jpg

And me and the tire

2iudkpw.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok this is the evil duckwalk with my 6'3 training partner holding it up

ajnnf8.jpg

And me and the tire

2iudkpw.jpg

Lucky that thing from the duck walk didn't smack the shit out of your knees...

As for pic #2 I would like to congratulate NutNut on his fantastic work... dat azz is bangin!

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
damn that tire looks huge as hell. that is a weird looking thing in your training partners hand.

brb googling duckwalk :D

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
That is an odd implement even for duckwalk.....

I think you will come in stronger next comp but good job none the less.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
everything we do is odd .I have learned to never expect anything. Events can change at the drop of a hat and the weights are rarely what they are supposed to be. i am fine with that it is that way for every one so it is fair . I think that is one thing that seperates us .There is nothing uniform about what we do .There are no "set" implements .

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Great job RR, looks like it was a blast except that duckwalk LOL....

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
You achieved your goal. You qualified for nats. Nothing more, nothing less. That's my girl!

Now you have 7 months to just get stronger and not worry about competing. And get quick like ninja.

Amma

Amma

TID StrongWoman
Jul 18, 2011
If I can add....this makes me sad purely for selfish reasons. The odds are very small we will see each other anytime soon this year.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic