jacobss
What's New?

Some stage pics people asked about.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Nice pics! You're conditioning is excellent. The calves look pretty good size for being all dieted down. I'd follow the advice of your training people on quad development. They likely know much more than I do. Personally, however, I find my body responds better to variations in rep ranges and weights. I'll hit my legs heavy one week, and then hit them with lighter weight and higher reps the next and rotate back and forth. It seems to help me stimulate the muscle in different ways. But most people will say go heavy and stick with it.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Your skin thinned out so much more for this show. The conditioning paid off plenty.

Great job papa. Quads are better too, aside from the curls and extensions, what's your squat and lunge routine look like? heavy/light? High/low volume? 2x/week? etc...

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
you look great old timer... seems we both share the same genetic challenges on increasing leg size... work them hard... they get stronger... just not bigger...

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Very impressive brother...A lot of the younger folks don't realize the amount of hard work and dedication it takes to look that good at our age...Seems like we work twice as hard for half the results (Well, me anyway...:)...)Congrats!!!

Ain't that the truth! Thanks my friend!

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Nice pics! You're conditioning is excellent. The calves look pretty good size for being all dieted down. I'd follow the advice of your training people on quad development. They likely know much more than I do. Personally, however, I find my body responds better to variations in rep ranges and weights. I'll hit my legs heavy one week, and then hit them with lighter weight and higher reps the next and rotate back and forth. It seems to help me stimulate the muscle in different ways. But most people will say go heavy and stick with it.

Your skin thinned out so much more for this show. The conditioning paid off plenty.

Great job papa. Quads are better too, aside from the curls and extensions, what's your squat and lunge routine look like? heavy/light? High/low volume? 2x/week? etc...

you look great old timer... seems we both share the same genetic challenges on increasing leg size... work them hard... they get stronger... just not bigger...

Heavy squats don't work that great for me for leg size. Back in the day I squatted 615 in a contest at 217 bodyweight. Heavy benches don't build chest size for me either. Same contest I benched 435 with a pause at 217. Like IC said, our quads (pecs) adjust to the heavy lifting by getting stronger without growing much.

What has been working lately for me is training quads and hams on separate days, and on quad day pre-exhausting with down the rack leg extensions before moving over to high rep squats with little rest between sets. At least that's working for now.

Thanks so much for the comments. I respect the hell out of the three of you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic