Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

sodium depletion for show

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
planning on doing my first show in may,diet is all dialed in.working with a nutritionist.right now im at 9% bf.can anyone explain to me the details about sodium depletion you have to do the last few days before a show.i have a general idea but need some info in detail or maybe recomend a book or website.thank you

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I do it this way
1.5 gal water daily
salt every meal
day before show remove any sodium heavy foods (switch to low sodium pb, only use meat that is fresh and has not been soaked in salt water and frozen)

no salt on anything this day and increases water to 2gal

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I do it this way
1.5 gal water daily
salt every meal
day before show remove any sodium heavy foods (switch to low sodium pb, only use meat that is fresh and has not been soaked in salt water and frozen)

no salt on anything this day and increases water to 2gal

When do you drop water?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I dropped water 10 pm night before then had a small coffee and only sipped day of show.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I used Htcz following this protocol but aldactone would have been preferred

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Well, my plan is to not use diuretics, and I plan to do this protocol for water and salt while eating no carbs, then drop salt 2 days before show, and drop water between 12-2 pm the day before show. And for carbs, day before show eat 400g carbs spread evenly throughout day, and continue same carb protocol day of show with only sipping water as needed with a carb heavy meal 1 hour before morning show and night show. How is that?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
1. You are dropping water way too early. I would say 7-8 pm at the Latest. Remember intercellular fluid is made up of water and you want to come out dry an FULL not dry and flat.

2. At least use an OTC diuretic such as hydravax or expel

3. Use a couple bullion cubes dissolved in water twice a day while doing your depletion .. Easily will exceed 6,000mg sodium . Drop sodium Thursday afternoon.

4. How big are you? 400g carbs might be too much

5. You could do a breakfast with good fats and carbs but then you will wanna eat a couple small meals before pj like chicken/hard boiled egg and rice. I would salt everything day of show. This should make you pop and then I would eat a couple rice cakes and either natural pb or like honey every half hr to hr.. Honey of you need to fill out more, pb if not ... Have the small coffee (6oz ) with breakfast, as this will promote diuresis

two ways of looking at the midday meal. Some do a burger and fries and some will do like pasta and fish ... Up to you here .. I did the burg and fries and a diet coke last time

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
1. You are dropping water way too early. I would say 7-8 pm at the Latest. Remember intercellular fluid is made up of water and you want to come out dry an FULL not dry and flat.

2. At least use an OTC diuretic such as hydravax or expel

3. Use a couple bullion cubes dissolved in water twice a day while doing your depletion .. Easily will exceed 6,000mg sodium . Drop sodium Thursday afternoon.

4. How big are you? 400g carbs might be too much

5. You could do a breakfast with good fats and carbs but then you will wanna eat a couple small meals before pj like chicken/hard boiled egg and rice. I would salt everything day of show. This should make you pop and then I would eat a couple rice cakes and either natural pb or like honey every half hr to hr.. Honey of you need to fill out more, pb if not ... Have the small coffee (6oz ) with breakfast, as this will promote diuresis

two ways of looking at the midday meal. Some do a burger and fries and some will do like pasta and fish ... Up to you here .. I did the burg and fries and a diet coke last time

Ok, let me get everything in line.

1.so for the sat morning show being at 10am, 7 pm will give me enough time? And then nothing but 6oz coffee and sipping water as needed on day of show correct?

2. If I use one, when and how much?

3. What time Thursday afternoon? My shows are sat at 10am and at 6pm

4. ATM I am 220 lbs at around 8-9%, I plan on coming in at 198 for light heavies.

5. Will this be all I eat that day? So let's say I wake at 6 and have 5 whole eggs and a cup of oats, then at 7:30 have 4 oz chicken and half cup rice, then at 9 have another 4 os chicken and half cup rice, then every hour throughout the day and during the show have a small meal of a couple rice cakes with a bit of honey or peanut butter, then between shows have pasta and fish or Burger and fries, then I should continue the small meals every hour or should that be the last meal until after finals?

6. And I should salt everything day of show?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Doubtful you will actually get on stage at 10... Bikini, physique young guys old guys and small guys go first ... Depending on how big of a show prob looking at noon and 8pm. 7 pm-noon the following day you should be pissing a ton and be pretty damn dry.

salt on all your meals, and get regular sodium rice cakes and pb

i will dig up the eating times I used during the day and send them to ya

I would preferably use hydravax if you can get it and start tomorrow 2 pills 3x a day

400 carbs should be fine , I would have some fats with each meal Friday too.. Maybe coconut oil or MCT oil

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Thanks man, I just sent you a pm. I'd like to get all bases covered for my show as its my first time on stage.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Have either of you two CC or AJ hit the stage yet? Maybe this weekend.? Are you going to share some pics?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic