angelarbatt
What's New?

So you just bought TID

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
No mods.. That is all.. :)

Haha ....well that would not be a good direction for us. The current moderators and admins do an excellent job here. This team of moderators is a group of veterans with many years on the forums and as we grow I understand we cannot manage and moderate the same way we always did. There are many, many forums that have collapsed or disappeared over the years because they did not monitor, develop and adjust and to current situations. Moderators of yesteryear would tend to develop a sense of power and get out of control however this can only happen if the administrator is the same way. There are too many forums to chose from to be condescending to members or ban people for little things. I think our team is very objective and have adjusted well for the times I know I have. Well.... maybe not LK :)

As an example of what I just said I think moving forward as we do add new moderators its important for them to have a skill and they will moderate the forum they are skilled in rather than be a general moderator. The role of a moderator is to help others first as well as a list of many things. This will give a moderator some ownership of their forum and ensure good, experienced information is shared.

Ok..... enough of this I'm going to lunch.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
If there's no moderation or if there is corrupt moderation, it's just a matter of time before a board is ruined by as little as one or 2 lifeless, jobless, disturbed, basement dwelling sociopaths who will literally spend their entire waking lives attacking normal people and otherwise ruining the board in ways we normal people cannot even imagine. In the end, a board is only as good as its ownership and management make it and allow it to be.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
MESO does fine without mods. Pretty civil unless you're a bad src.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
More neeked weemen.

Well, you said 'be honest'. I mean, really....what were you expecting from me?

Wait...don't you owe me lunch?

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Wouldnt change a thing.... The info here is compartmentalized and laid out very well.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
i personally like it....iam not here a TON but do like to pop in and check stuff out. some really really good info for the most part....love it

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Haha ....well that would not be a good direction for us. The current moderators and admins do an excellent job here. This team of moderators is a group of veterans with many years on the forums and as we grow I understand we cannot manage and moderate the same way we always did. There are many, many forums that have collapsed or disappeared over the years because they did not monitor, develop and adjust and to current situations. Moderators of yesteryear would tend to develop a sense of power and get out of control however this can only happen if the administrator is the same way. There are too many forums to chose from to be condescending to members or ban people for little things. I think our team is very objective and have adjusted well for the times I know I have. Well.... maybe not LK :)

As an example of what I just said I think moving forward as we do add new moderators its important for them to have a skill and they will moderate the forum they are skilled in rather than be a general moderator. The role of a moderator is to help others first as well as a list of many things. This will give a moderator some ownership of their forum and ensure good, experienced information is shared.

Ok..... enough of this I'm going to lunch.

Mugzy, you guys rock. I am always impressed with the light touch of the TID moderators and how nice they are to the members and especially newbies. I think that light touch sets the tone for the great atmosphere we have on here. At the same time, they don't put up with BS for a second, which is perfect.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
I like it like it is. Newer here but already able to soak up a ton of new school knowledge.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Two questions;
1. There are mods here?
2. TID is for sale?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Monsoon don't make me show you what mods do !

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I am the worst mod ever. What does mod even mean?

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I'm sorry bma1810 we were kicked out of google for about 5 weeks last year and they me to fix a couple of small things to get back in, that was one of them.

pretty sure this was mostly my ****in fault. Lmao!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic