Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

So you just bought TID

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I like what Schultz suggested.... combing topics into 1 main forum like Strength Sports and then break it down into sub forums like Powerlifting, Strongman/woman, Oly lifting, Crossfit.

Additionally there are many other things that could fall into a strength sports category as well , Highland games, maas, highlander comps. Etc.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Here's an idea to keep TID threads fresh and interesting. Reward some of the experienced vets and amateur competitors with enhanced status (maybe call them Experienced Amateur or Experienced Pro depending on which of those they are) on the board, but a requirement of that enhanced status would be to post one good article or thread each week. Maybe members could vote on giving enhanced status to those members. But there would need to be some parameters before we could vote on a person. Only to those with real life experience in the sport, who have experienced some degree of success (i.e. they have built an outstanding physique or won a meet or contest or two or have made an amazing transformation), who have shown themselves willing to share that with others. The members who qualify for enhanced status must have some degree of discretion. I.e. they don't just post garbage and spend some time thinking about what they will post before doing so. It would be good to have people from different areas of the sport (i.e. bodybuilding, power lifting, strongman, olympic lifting, crossfit, etc.) obtain the enhanced status.

inhuman88

inhuman88

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2014
I don't have a lot to add, as I really like the board the way it is now but I would like to see new stickies. Like it was mentioned earlier people come to the boards for information then end up staying to hang out

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
perhaps stickies with instructonal videos of exercises. this can vary from basics like bench/squat/deads to functional/corrective exercises. your thread about slap tear kinda gave me the idea.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I think that's a great Idea Myo.

I do recall seeing something elsewhere where they would do a transformation challenge. Basically rookies would get online coaching from more seasoned members over say a 12 week period, then the board would vote on who had made the best transformation. Then obviously the coaches would have a title for best trainer, rookie would get a title of best transformation. It would create logs and also would help motivate as they are competing against someone else.

You could do this for BBing, Setting PRS in power lifting etc.

I do apologise I see cabo already mentioned this

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I agree with HDH's post. When I first joined in late 2012, the board and shout box were more active.

If you go to TID's sister forum, the shoutbox is ALWAYS busy, and threads are always being posted in.

I feel kinda bad for the girls and guys who are bodybuilding enthusiasts because there isn't much action for them. The Vets and VIPs are mostly powerlifters.

I'm not complaining at all about that, but the bodybuilders need love too.

It would be cool if TID could recruit some pro bodybuilders, enhanced and natural to join up.

Also, I think Flex should have his own food section so he can post his meals and recipes up. :D

bma1810

bma1810

Oct 9, 2011
I do like the Veteran or higher level so that folks could trust the advice a little better. Certain "things" can be discussed more openly.

Suspend or delete people inactive for 3+ months.

Lower the 60 second wait time needed for follow up PM's being sent out.

I'm against the ban or suspension. I'm guilty of inactivity, but I just don't have the time I use to like the old days on VIP. Most people here have no idea who I am, but the ones that do, know I've been around forever.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
- Make TID a private board. No search engine indexing.
- Send out invitations to boards/quality members to head over.
- Section mods. Below the mods we have now. 1-2 members per whatever section to keep an eye on threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
1st make CTJ change his ghey Crossfit avi, put some pants on!

2nd. I wouldn't change much. Keep in mind a business or board in this case that grows at a good manageable rate becomes a solid and long term proposition. Business's , boards that grow rapidly almost always turn to a smoldering heap of poop.

3rd. People need to get used to the lil bickering and ballbusting that goes on, it's life. Who gets along 24\7, just not going to happen when test fueled meatheads and wome are al ltogether! It's not only life but shows a pretty tight forum as all you crybabies that take your ball and run home are ALL still here :D

You have a good thing here Admin. I think more of a question is what are you looking to see the board grow into, what is your vision of where you want it to be in a year or two?

EDIT: I think it would be good for the board as a whole if you banned RAIDEN.

1st. I agree, the undies got to go. LOL

2nd. I could almost agree with the business logic but the board is not growing, it's getting smaller. This board was made and set up to be huge down to the smallest detail.

3rd. If you want new people to stay, you have to treat them with respect and give them a reason to come back. If it was a business, you don't get return customers by down talking and making them feel stupid. Most the crybabies don't run home. There are plenty of other places to go. Almost 200 last I heard. Some get bored and come back hoping for something different.

As long as we say, we are meatheads and can't control being dicks cause were just to juiced up to control ourselves, just an excuse of course, nothing will change.

Sure it's a nice little board. Not intended to be that way but a nice little board non the less.

H

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I agree with HDH's post. When I first joined in late 2012, the board and shout box were more active.

If you go to TID's sister forum, the shoutbox is ALWAYS busy, and threads are always being posted in.

I feel kinda bad for the girls and guys who are bodybuilding enthusiasts because there isn't much action for them. The Vets and VIPs are mostly powerlifters.

I'm not complaining at all about that, but the bodybuilders need love too.

It would be cool if TID could recruit some pro bodybuilders, enhanced and natural to join up.

Also, I think Flex should have his own food section so he can post his meals and recipes up. :D

I understand why you agree man. From what I've seen you are treated with the least respect out of anyone. I don't know why you stick around sometimes.

More power to ya bro.

H

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic