Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

So I just registered for my first PL Comp.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Flex

Just saw this! Awesome!.....I think you will find you really enjoy it. I think it is your calling :D

I dont know a lot, but I listened to the guys here with regards to 'prepping'. You do quite a bit of volume. Gonna need to back off a little for sure leading up to the event. FWIW, I did not lift AT ALL a week out from my meet.

Best of luck....but you dont need it!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I'm planning on competing in my first PL event in October. I have a few more weeks before I start getting nervous and excited. Check out this article that Mini Forklift posted in the other forum. I've looked at it three times. Good bathroom reading material.

I see you have a training journal, so I'll definitely be following it. Good luck on your preparation!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Have fun, man. Nobody breaks records their first meet.

Set realistic goals, learn the commands, and take the time to talk to other lifters at the meet. You have no idea how many good garage gyms are in the area until you go to a local meet and everyone comes out of the woodwork.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Have fun, man. Nobody breaks records their first meet.

Set realistic goals, learn the commands, and take the time to talk to other lifters at the meet. You have no idea how many good garage gyms are in the area until you go to a local meet and everyone comes out of the woodwork.

Thanks man.

I watched some youtube vids today on the commands and I'm going to practice lifting to them by having Mrs Flex give me the commands in the gym.

It's my first meet so I am not expecting the world. Going to learn the ropes, so to speak.

And unfortunately it's not local; I am just west of Toronto in Canada and the meet is in Upstate New York. It's about a 2.5 hour drive for us.

Hopefully next year I will do a meet at my Alma Mater; the University of Toronto, Mississauga Campus.

I missed this year's meet there already.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic