Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Slow Weak and Stupid

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Hope you get some answers quickly from the appointment. Did you ever see a dr and get a diagnosis when you were younger and injured it?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
In my early 20s I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and told it would only get worse. I discovered deca and things were good for awhile. In my early thirties I started having a lot of pain and nerve issues. I went to neurosurgeon who couldn't believe I was walking around. Said I was done lifting or even running. He said if I was lucky I could go back to work in 6 months. I just looked at my wife who was laughing. He said what? She said she just picked me up from airport this morning. I got lucky and clawed my way back into the gym. Did lunges and step ups till I could squat the bar. Worked up to 275 over the years. Now I'm worried it may be over. Hopefully I can find a doc who will understand. Of course the other issue is I have to do all this with out work finding out or maybe I can time a fall or a wreck coincidentally.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I support you brother. It is incredible what you have already accomplished.

I would never count you out of the game.

You are a fighter and have fought hard. There's more victories to be won monsoon.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Still sucks, I'm doing a lot of treadmill and light DB stuff. Doesn't seem worth logging. Dr appt moved to the 15 th because of work conflict.

thanks for asking.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I think you efforts are worth logging. They are appreciated and (I) we care about how you are doing.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I'm spending a lot of time on the treadmill because without squats, deads and presses I'm not burning as much energy. I would like to lose about 5-10lbs, but either my age or schedule or both is making it more difficult than I expected.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Keep at it brother, both of those are battles for most of us. Have you cut down on your cal intake, if so how much?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, it's a journal ... I'd still log it. :) You never know,...in a year or so, this might all be a distant memory as you're back to training mode. And it might be nice to have a record of when you were going through your recovery. Make you feel proud in overcoming this setback.

Hell, I video'd my TFL rehab just because I figured it was still an important aspect of my training experience.

So let's see some stats/info of you on a treadmill, or crushing some DB bicep curls or something. :D

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Keep at it brother, both of those are battles for most of us. Have you cut down on your cal intake, if so how much?
Apparently not enough. I expected I would lose weight the last couple weeks but I've held steady at 195. I've been doing a combo of low carb during work week with IF on days off. Maybe it's kept me from getting fatter, I don't know. I guess I should try sticking with one or the other. When I was younger/bigger, it was so easy to drop a few pounds just by skipping a meal.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Chris, on the days that I actually pick up a weight I am writing it down just not transferring it here.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Saw neurologist today. She said that she couldn't see anything obviously wrong so getting an emg and perhaps MRI.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic