Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Slin questions

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Honestly, if you have important responsibilities to take care of after training (and therefore after using slin, whether pre or post) then I would recommend finding a different way to use it. Especially for a beginner, you want to be able to drop everything and slam nutrients in case you go hypo. If you are sitting in the bus loop waiting to pick your kids up, or God forbid driving down the highway with them in tow, you do NOT want to have an emergency eating/drinking session. I only use slin (humalog) post workout 1-2 times a week, followed by a half gallon of chocolate milk and massive amounts of food. I use it as a kickstart to my refeeding/carb-loading sessions, which come after my one or two most intense workouts per week.

For you, there must be a time when you relax, sit down, and have time to pig out. Pin some log before those times, no more than 3 times a week (in my opinion, and others', this maintains insulin sensitivity).

As for the synergy between gh and slin, I've noticed no difference by taking them timed close together vs. spread out.

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
Word of advice to anyone starting slin.

Start low and start post workout.

You will want to see how your body reacts to the low doses at first and it's best not to be pushing your body to the limits until you get used to it and know what you can handle.

HDH

i did this aswell for the 1st time i tried slin. my body has no issues with it. after that it was always before lifting

I pin my GH before the gym as well. I just had this conversation on another board. If I were running slin I would pin my GH before my workout and my slin after.

well heres the problem i see with that. and we need to clarify which slin we're talking about. i use the "R" type, so we're talking about 2 hrs or so before it kicks in. so i pin before lifting and by the time i'm done it's about ready to peak, which is when i want it to.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Honestly, if you have important responsibilities to take care of after training (and therefore after using slin, whether pre or post) then I would recommend finding a different way to use it. Especially for a beginner, you want to be able to drop everything and slam nutrients in case you go hypo. If you are sitting in the bus loop waiting to pick your kids up, or God forbid driving down the highway with them in tow, you do NOT want to have an emergency eating/drinking session. I only use slin (humalog) post workout 1-2 times a week, followed by a half gallon of chocolate milk and massive amounts of food. I use it as a kickstart to my refeeding/carb-loading sessions, which come after my one or two most intense workouts per week.

For you, there must be a time when you relax, sit down, and have time to pig out. Pin some log before those times, no more than 3 times a week (in my opinion, and others', this maintains insulin sensitivity).

As for the synergy between gh and slin, I've noticed no difference by taking them timed close together vs. spread out.

haha Now I see why you get all the crap from others about chocolate milk. I still have time to think about what will be best. I don't need to pick up my kids every day, and I have the option to go to the gym a bit earlier too. Will just have to figure this out.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
well heres the problem i see with that. and we need to clarify which slin we're talking about. i use the "R" type, so we're talking about 2 hrs or so before it kicks in. so i pin before lifting and by the time i'm done it's about ready to peak, which is when i want it to.

You must be getting in a good amount of carbs before hitting the gym. First peak after the initial inject is an hour. Then it should be around 2.5 hrs after that.

Unless you are injecting IM. That's what I do. Then I drink eggwhites and gainer throughout the workout.

Been getting awesome results like this.

Actually, I get the best results when I pin pre and post :-$

HDH

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic