jacobss
What's New?

Slice of humble pie. Missed 630 deadlift

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Pulled 620 last month in a meet.

I got cocky as my 5/3/1 progression told me I should have 630 in me for my deads. I went for it at the end of my workout when I probably should not have.

I missed it.

The downside: I HATE missing lifts and the blow to the ego that comes with them

The upside: My hips stayed down and my back stayed flat. No break in form even though the weight beat me. (that encourages me) This is definitely within my reach on the right day. Just was not that day today.

2013-06-14171729_zps0f668255.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeaaaah!!!!!! Now I have a chance to catch up! Keep ****ing up bro!!! :D

But seriously I know that feel bro. Sucks but what are you gonna do? Hit it next time.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
It's stuff like this that drives us forward ~ props for posting the video.

Make sure you don't delete it !!

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
it was a solid attempt brother! You'll hit that very soon

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Another point, don't underestimate that weight. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up with what we are meant to be lifting and what we have lifted in the past; we forget just how goddam heavy the bar is that we're repeatedly able to pull off the ground, we can lose that perspective. A 630lb deadlift, well IMO that's HUGE. What is your bodyweight right now?

One of my good friends just represented NZ at the IPF Russian World Champs yesterday and he pulled 627 for his second attempt (in the 205 class). He finished up 7th in the world (missed his final DL attempt), just wanted to add that so you can see you should be damn proud of what you are attempting to lift. Keep at it !!

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
[QUOTE=PillarofBalance; Keep ****ing up bro!!! :D

This made me lmao

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Another point, don't underestimate that weight. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up with what we are meant to be lifting and what we have lifted in the past; we forget just how goddam heavy the bar is that we're repeatedly able to pull off the ground, we can lose that perspective. A 630lb deadlift, well IMO that's HUGE. What is your bodyweight right now?

One of my good friends just represented NZ at the IPF Russian World Champs yesterday and he pulled 627 for his second attempt (in the 205 class). He finished up 7th in the world (missed his final DL attempt), just wanted to add that so you can see you should be damn proud of what you are attempting to lift. Keep at it !!

MF makes a great point int he first paragraph. It could have been 5lbs that made the difference. Its a fine line.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks guys. Bodyweight 205 right now.

just don't like missing lifts....but I appreciate the perspective for sure.
Thanks guys. Drowning my sorrows in a few beers ;-). Fired the wood oven for the first time this year. Will be enjoying some roasted chicken and sausages later :)

20130614_202436_zps3fe91dca.jpg

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
In the moment, it always sucks to miss a lift...tomorrow, it will be your motivation.

It's within your reach, keep moving forward, and try again in a few weeks. It will happen.

On a side note, that's a nice outdoor kitchen you got there. I'm jealous.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
In the moment, it always sucks to miss a lift...tomorrow, it will be your motivation.

It's within your reach, keep moving forward, and try again in a few weeks. It will happen.

On a side note, that's a nice outdoor kitchen you got there. I'm jealous.

Thanks man.

Last night I snapped this 'after' pic outside when I pulled the food out.
20130614_225206_zpscb05cb06.jpg

I needed a nice long slow burn in the over to prep it for pizzas. (you have to get all the moisture out slowly or the very hot fire you burn for pizzas will crack bricks). Making my first pizzas of summer tonight!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011

MF,

I was on my phone last night and missed this part. That is really something to think about for sure. Is that "Open" or "Masters"?

In some ways that makes me feel a little better, but I also dont want to become complacent. I believe I have a good more in me.....time will tell.

Thanks for the perspective.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I was on my phone last night and missed this part. That is really something to think about for sure. Is that "Open" or "Masters"?
93kg class, WORLD CHAMPS in Russia.

He pulled 3lb less than you attempted and finished 7th place out of about 15.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic