Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Sleeves, Wraps, or Nothing???...

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
How do you like those metals? Do you think they're worth the steep cost?

Yes very much so.... if you need the casting effect the black ones work well and the triple black lines are good for rebound, I like wearing both of them.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
POB, thanks for naming those wraps. They sound JUST like the metal blacks. I think I'll give those Inzers a try b/c I'm not willing to drop $90+ on a single pair of wraps.

They are pricey but I liked them so much I bought 3 different pairs so I can change them out for what I'm lifting that day.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI do you have a wrap roller?

No, I don't. I wish I did b/c wrapping that shit by hand wrecks my forearms. You don't need to do forearm work, just wrap your wraps tight before you put them on and BOOM your forearms are fried.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yes very much so.... if you need the casting effect the black ones work well and the triple black lines are good for rebound, I like wearing both of them.

I like rebounding more than casting. I've seen the metal black with triple line. I may have to break down and pick up a pair.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I really like em. If you don't have a roller the triple black are easier to put on... the all black ones will fry your arms

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
My joints are worn out from my MMA career, so even if i'm not going heavy, sometimes i still sleeve or wrap up just for the added warmth to the joint.

I use APT convict (2 ply) elbow sleeves when going for a heavy overhead or bench, also if i'm going for a max effort squat the pressure from the hard external rotation on my elbows is a killer and the sleeve help that a ton.
I have broken my wrists all too many times, so for all of my OLY lifts i wrap my wrists and unless i'm using the log for overheads, i generally use them for heavy BB overheads.
Rehbands are on most of the time i squat. I try not to wrap my knees unless i'm closing in on 95%+. I just bought a pair of the new APT (blue/black) knee sleeves and i have to say these things are great for support. More then most knee sleeves but less than wrapping them. I have been switching the rehbands out for the convict style sleeves at squats above 455 and i notice a huge difference.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I use single ply EliteFTS sleeves to keep my knees warm when I squat raw.
In gear I'll usually start wrapping my knees above 600, just loose until around 900. Tight as fcuk over a grand. I prefer a true cast-type wrap and stick to TP-5000s and Overkill wraps.

Wrist wraps for anything over 300 on the bench or overhead press.

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Knee wraps when over 500 on squat.

Wrist wraps around 425 (or by feel) on bench.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
When I was at my strongest I used to use knee wraps for any squats over 300, less than that and I always felt comfortable either with sleeves or raw.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I use single ply EliteFTS sleeves to keep my knees warm when I squat raw.
In gear I'll usually start wrapping my knees above 600, just loose until around 900. Tight as fcuk over a grand. I prefer a true cast-type wrap and stick to TP-5000s and Overkill wraps.

Wrist wraps for anything over 300 on the bench or overhead press.

You are a goddamned monster dude!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic