Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Sleeves, Wraps, or Nothing???...

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Since the other thread was such a success how bout another one.....

Sleeves, Wraps, or Neither....???

I break out my knee sleeves once I squat 315lbs and more and continue to wear them up till 90% of my 1RM. Once I get to that point, I ditch the sleeves and break out my knee wraps. I still don't wrap my knee wraps as tight as I should but I'm working on it. I know that the tighter the wrap the more "pop" I'll get out of the hole.

I also just started wearing elbow sleeves again. I don't always wear wrist wraps. It depends on how my wrists feel and also the weight I'm pressing.

So do you wear these and when do you break them out???

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I wear Tommy Kono sleeves on my knees and elbows everyday no matter what I'm doing. It seem to keep me injury free and warm you don't get any help from the lifts but I love them. On my 5-3-1 I do the following: on 5 days I wear Tommy's, 3 days a light Knee wrap, on 1 days I wear 1/2 Metal Triple Black Line Knee Wraps 1/2 Solid Black super tight.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
My knees are my weak point. Not horrible but not great either. Unless it is strict or bench press the rehbands are on. They are the only "accessory " I would have to have to compete . Oly shoes a close second if it was an overhead event. I use wrist wraps on heavy overhead (170+) . Farting around with wrist wraps for grip .

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
....... on 1 days I wear 1/2 Metal Triple Black Line Knee Wraps 1/2 Solid Black super tight.

How do you like those metals? Do you think they're worth the steep cost?

Last edited:
B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
I have bad elbows so I will use elbow sleeves from time to time......

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
My knees kill me so for me, wraps with sleeves over them. At leaset when im lifting heavy. Any other time I just use sleeves.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have Inzer True Black knee wraps and wrist wraps and they're bomb. I only use the knee wraps within 4 weeks of a meet. And I use my wrist wraps when I'm repping >275 or pressing >300.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
wrist wraps only for shoulder presses and bench days

I SHOULD use knee wraps but I haven't in probably 2 years

Contemplating on buying some sleeves, the left elbow just isn't cooperating as much lately. I need to look into something solid.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I have Inzer True Black knee wraps and wrist wraps and they're bomb. I only use the knee wraps within 4 weeks of a meet. And I use my wrist wraps when I'm repping >275 or pressing >300.

POB, thanks for naming those wraps. They sound JUST like the metal blacks. I think I'll give those Inzers a try b/c I'm not willing to drop $90+ on a single pair of wraps.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Nothing used to use knee wraps but no more, I do use less weight though as well

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Never tried knee sleeves; right now I use wraps on squats when I get above 425.

I own a pair of wrist wraps; sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. I find they help a little on dumbbell presses over 100lbs. Barbell work not as critical.

JOMO

JOMO

Jul 5, 2012
Have never worn knee wraps or sleeves. But have never exceeded 430 squatting. Maybe when that number gets alittle higher.

Wrist wraps come on over 295 pressing. Used to wear them too early and was not helping me develop wrist strength.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic