Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Skull Crushers vs Close Grip Bench

sootywooty

sootywooty

MuscleHead
Sep 12, 2013
Same here skull crushers did my elbows in, i find dips and tricep kick backs good, not many do the later one now, also the one arm dumbell french press standing and supporting each elbow i find good also.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I prefer scull-crushers because they add mass on the long head of my triceps (which lacks size) whereas CGBP add a lot of mass on the exterior head of my triceps.

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
I'm newly a fan of db french presses.. which is essentially db skull crushers. 8x8 with 8 seconds of rest between sets. I use those and close grip regularly. Also, JM presses. I prefer close grips and jms for overall mass.. obviously the greater the overload, the more muscle fibers activated, the greater the growth.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I never liked close grip on my wrists, fench presses and dips I have to avoid because they blow my tris out of proportion lol

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I always preferred crushers to cgbp, crushers have been known to put undo stresses on the elbow which later in my training years came to be very apparent. However CGBP's also has been known to cause wrist issues, or aggravate existing ones. I suppose its a matter of personal preferences, then I discovered 2 arm overhead dumbbell extentions, superior stretch and a ton of weight can be used with these. they became my personal fave.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic