Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulders pins...

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
What size do you guys use? Would a 27g 1" work? Any input would be appreciated. Just oils.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
What size do you guys use? Would a 27g 1" work? Any input would be appreciated. Just oils.
IM 21ga to 25ga 1in I usually use 23ga
Sub q 25ga to 30ga 1/2 in. I usually use 27ga for oils

D

Dr Pangloss

Aug 14, 2023
Back in the day I pulled my (oil) injections through an insulin needle and pinned my shoulders all the time. You have to be patient, but it's no problem to get it done. Also, 0.5 inch needles are SubQ, but it works fine. long-term SubQ injections may produce a little bit of lumpiness, but it goes away in time. Cheer. Dr Pangloss.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
Back in the day I pulled my (oil) injections through an insulin needle and pinned my shoulders all the time. You have to be patient, but it's no problem to get it done. Also, 0.5 inch needles are SubQ, but it works fine. long-term SubQ injections may produce a little bit of lumpiness, but it goes away in time. Cheer. Dr Pangloss.
So your saying you've shot oils subQ and it was fine? Sorry just making sure I understand you correctly.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I use 27g, 1/2" all around, including thigh, quad, VG, and front and back delts. I go very slow so I can get that early warning I'm near a nerve... but because I go slow, I can also feel the resistance when it pierces muscle. And I get muscle at all those sites. Shoulders are easy. Front delts like to leak a little, but if I l leave needle in for a bit that gets mitigated.

I also use Luer Lock syringes and needles, loading with a 20g needle and swapping with 27g for injection. You can totally use a 27g insulin needle for drawing and injection; I used 30g for years. I had a system I set up with tongs and rubber bands where I'd draw completely back, invert the vial, and just go do other things while it filled up. Some cheaper syringes wouldn't hold back against the vacuum, but BD seemed pretty consistent... until I realized there is a small ridge at the end of the barrel you can pull slightly past so it stays there every single time. Felt kind of dumb it took me that long to figure out.

After this batch of syringes and needles runs out, I'm going to switch to Luer Slips, because you can get some where the plunger extends the length of the tip minimizing waste.

D

Dr Pangloss

Aug 14, 2023
So your saying you've shot oils subQ and it was fine? Sorry just making sure I understand you correctly.
Yup. shot oil SubQin my shoulders for at least a couple years and their fine. There is a scientific manuscript, i believe, demonstrating absorption and testosterone blood levels as well.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I use 25g 1" for everything. Well except drawling, I drawl with a 20g, plop it in a clas of hot water for a minute or two, (usually while I shave & brush my teeth before showering) switch to the 25g 1" and alcohol swab & pin...delts, quads, pecs, all the same.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic