Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shoulder, knees, and lower back pain (Long read)

G

GymJunkie1987

Aug 24, 2013
Knees: In high school I went too deep on the leg press with too heavy of a weight and tore the cartilage in one of my knees, it happened again on the other knee a year later. My left knee is the worst when doing squats (hurts like hell and clicks/pops with every rep). Both knees start to hurt during walking or long time standing (work for example).

Lower back: I have injured it before but Im not sure how exactly other than pulled muscle. Im 85% sure thats its almost entirely that my lower back is weak as hell, all my fault. In high school I got into lifting but had no one to coach in any way and didnt work my entire body (focused on chest and arms the most, go figure right?). Incredibly stupid, I know, Im older and wiser now and trying to correct it all.

Left Shoulder: I dont know the issue. It starts to hurt like hell during and after overhead press the most. It has hurt for a very long time, probably caused by improper form as a teen as well. Before 5/3/1 that Im on now I was running Stronglift 5x5 and had to stop after 6 weeks because my shoulder killed after OHP and so much that I couldnt grip the bar for Deadlifts. If I raise my hand above my head it starts to hurt even during times I havent lifted in awhile, before typing this I was watching a show with my hands folded on top of my head and constant dull pain. When its not hurting its stiff/tight feeling when I move it around.

Current Supplements for joint pain: Cayenne (3 caps a day, 450mg per cap), Fish Oil (4 caps a day 1.2g per cap), and have bulk Super Cissus Rx that I capped but I only have 30 pills right now and since I take 3 a day there is no point in starting it up again until I can order more.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic