Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Should children be banned from restaurants?

Restrict/ban children from restaurants

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
If it's a nice place, then management should ask anyone with noisy children to leave. I don't typically take my girls to really nice restaurants, but every now and then, depending on the circumstances, I will. You would never know there is a 5 and 7 year old in the place though. They aer unbelievably well behaved children, and I don't like the idea that, because someone else can't figure out how to make their children behave, that I should suffer for their parenting faults.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
We've had people stop us in restaurants and tell us how well behaved our kids are. And that's when I think the e been outrageous and want to kill them. It's relative to how bad kids are in general because the parents allow it.
i feel like it was my decision or accident/poor planning to have kids, why should you have to tolerate them.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Just to add. A couple years ago, I had my girls at a restaurant. It was a pub/burger joint. My 3 year old was acting up. I was so embarrassed, I had the family pack everything up and we left. I refuse to let my child act like that in public. We got to the car, she got an ass whoopin, and we went home. That was the last time it ever happened. It doesn't matter how nice or slummy the place is; misbehaved kids need to be pulled from the environment they are in like that and taken elsewhere. That usually takes their control away.

Z

zedhed

Oct 4, 2010
Little kids dont have to act like that. YES ban the ones that act like idiots and charge the idiot parents double. Not only in restaurants but everywhere! When me and the wife are in a place and thwre is a parent or parents with a well behaved little one I make it a point to tell them how much of a pleasure their child is to have there and that its a shame there are so few.

Last edited:
Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Sure, ban them. Kids dont appreciate nice food or restaurants. No sense in trying to drag your kids toa place where they dont want to be and nobody wants them there. It's not like they are missing out.

I am a parent, by the way.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yes and from airplanes, swimming pools, shopping malls...

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Sure, ban them. Kids dont appreciate nice food or restaurants. No sense in trying to drag your kids toa place where they dont want to be and nobody wants them there. It's not like they are missing out.

I am a parent, by the way.

I'd love to have to find a babysitter every time I wanted to go to Applebees.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'd love to have to find a babysitter every time I wanted to go to Applebees.

You must be really high class. Applebees is REALLY nice!

Just bustin your balls man. The other day we were at Chili's and you know almost the entire place was quiet except for one table of college girls bustin up laughing, almost screaming when they laugh and talking really loud. They didnt even attempt to keep their laughing at acceptable levels.

I think we should ban anyone under 21 without their parents.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
You must be really high class. Applebees is REALLY nice!

Just bustin your balls man. The other day we were at Chili's and you know almost the entire place was quiet except for one table of college girls bustin up laughing, almost screaming when they laugh and talking really loud. They didnt even attempt to keep their laughing at acceptable levels.

I think we should ban anyone under 21 without their parents.

I was trying to name the cheesiest restaurant I could cause it seemed like it would further my argument lol. I think some of are getting things mixed up, I'm all for some place banning kids, I'd be the first one to go but it sounded like people are talking about some statewide ban at every restaurant. That would be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If we were gonna do that we should ban black people since they don't tip......ohhh no I just went there. :)

Last edited:
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
It comes down to responsible parenting. If the baby is crying then the parents should remove them. Ive had to leave restaurants when my kids were younger when they were having issues. Kids cant learn proper socialization if always left in the house, look at stumpy

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I can't stand noisy whiny kids anywhere. Just yesterday this wench was pushing her kid around walmart and the kid was wailing the hole time. She didn't care, just kept pushing along. As for restaurants, nothing messes up my nice dinner faster that disrespectful children. Crawling up and over booths, under tables, the whole shibang.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My kids are decent in a restaurant but shit can go from fine to 1000% off the wall within seconds with 2 little kids. We purposely do not take then to nice restaurants and we usually ask for a table away from other if the restaurant is not full or a booth so we can contain them if they start to get unruly. You need to bring things to occupy them, little kids don't want to sit there and make talk and have a beer while waiting for their food.
Some parents let their kids run ape shit all over the restaurant, it drives me nuts and make my kids want to run with them. Kids wanna play so it's on the parents to take them to the appropriate place. I would not bring my kids to a steak house, waste of money for myself and anything I order for them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic