Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Shouder workout

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't hit rear delts on shoulder day? I have always thrown in rear delts on back day because I feel that I use them more on pull-ups, rows, etc, than I do on any shoulder movements.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't hit rear delts on shoulder day? I have always thrown in rear delts on back day because I feel that I use them more on pull-ups, rows, etc, than I do on any shoulder movements.

I think rear delts lag on a lot of guys. I hit em on both days and have thick rears as a result...or at least thats what I think, lol.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Smith Machine presses I usually go 135, 185, 225, 275 and 315 (on a good day) I just like them better then most over head press benches. I prefer dumbells but my training partner doesn't so I throw them in when I can.

I do 315 with a barbell that isn't connected to a machine ;)

tyciol

tyciol

Apr 8, 2011
Hm, bent over laterals for middle-rear, bent-over elbows-up laterals for rear right?

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Arnolds are a must for cannonball shoulders IMO. As are Bradford presses.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
For me personally, Front raises, upright row and Arnold's are useless. With those exercises I can feel a strain on my body and joints, but not the muscle. I'm not going to act like my opinion is the facts that everyone should live by, so I'll say that right now my shoulder measurement is 56.5in but has been as big as 57 inches. If you've got the drop on my shoulders, then by all means disregard everything I say :cool:

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
For me personally, Front raises, upright row and Arnold's are useless. With those exercises I can feel a strain on my body and joints, but not the muscle. I'm not going to act like my opinion is the facts that everyone should live by, so I'll say that right now my shoulder measurement is 56.5in but has been as big as 57 inches. If you've got the drop on my shoulders, then by all means disregard everything I say :cool:

I also feel pretty intense strain on my shoulders and elbows and neck when doing Arnolds and upright rows. I still do feel the burn in my delts on Arnolds, much less so on upright rows. Guss posted an article recently on overhead dumbbell presses and the way that all the old-school guys did them, where the dumbbells formed a V above the head and came back to parallel to the ground at the bottom of the lift. Since I started trying these, I've got the most wicked pumps and burn in my delts, with no shoulder pain. Combine those with a few other mass builders, and my shoulders are definitely responding.

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
For me I never liked arnold presses, not saying they dont work. cause me too much pain. Probabaly cause i have a rod and screws in my arm. I do behind the neck shoulder presses, and dumbell presses. I seem to get more of a trap workout with upright rows.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic