Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shocked by friends doses

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
A friend of mine from the gym came over yesterday and during the course of conversation the subject of our next cycle came up. Now take in mind this guy and I have been good friends for years. He is one of only 3 people that know I use steroids. I'm one of the few people that knows he does. Its funny though that the subject of amounts of doses has never really been talked about. So, I asked him what he did on his last cycle as he had been bigger than I had seen and ripped before his competition.

Now before I get to what he actually took let me say in the years I have been cycling I have never had to take very much to get good results. A typical cycle for me is Test/EQ/Dbol and maybe a little proviron or winny here and there. Doses are 500-600mg for test and low doses of everything else.

So, you can understand I was shocked when my buddy (All 5'10" and 200 lbs. of him) told me his last cycle was Test E at 1,500mg per week, EQ at 1,000mg and tren at 600. He ran this combo for 16 weeks with a few orals sprinkled in as he put it. Maybe I should not have been so surprised but he and I started at about the same time and I don't need any where near those doses to get good results. I'm not saying this is a huge amount compared to what some people take but considering his size I was not expecting it.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Not to rag your friend, but his cycle mentality has become ALL too common these days, especially for a guy whos 200 lbs, he needs food.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Not to rag your friend, but his cycle mentality has become ALL too common these days, especially for a guy whos 200 lbs, he needs food.

I agree. I'm going to see him at the gym today and talk diet. Hell, he needs to eat with me sometime....lol

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
That is a load of gear for a 200lb guy. My dosages are similar to yours i have taken the test up to 750, but Im certain it was underdosed. And at 200lbs id be like 3% bf lol. But Im 6'2" 240

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Yeah, the mentality is the downfall of our community. Punks are the majority of our community and that's what gives us the bad rep. I think everyone needs to go through that stage of gear usage though. For the smart ones it'll eventually lead to a shift of focus back to what's important: food.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Yeah, the mentality is the downfall of our community. Punks are the majority of our community and that's what gives us the bad rep. I think everyone needs to go through that stage of gear usage though. For the smart ones it'll eventually lead to a shift of focus back to what's important: food.

Why would everyone need to go through overuse/abuse of gear???

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I dont think anyone should need that amount of gear. I do love the test, eq, tren stack though. When I run it, its more like 600, 600, 400 though.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010

Whats what I was thinking and then you wonder why they drop dead in their 30's

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
The thing that the average gear junkie doesn't understand is that you can't increase one facet of your bodybuilding lifestyle without taking a hard look at ALL areas. If you increase your test dosage from 500mg EW to 1,500mg EW that's not gonna do shit except make you realize you're a dumbass when you feel like shit because the side effects outweigh the benefit. Why? Because in order to process all that gear you need to give your body enough fuel and provide a nice environment for growth. If you are not eating enough, most of that extra test you are pinning is just getting pissed out anyways.

If you are unhappy with your results from a previous cycle, the last thing you should look at is increasing your dose. Examine your diet first, then your training, then your sleeping habits, then stress factor, then legitimacy of your gear, then combination of gear compared to what your goal was, then duration of cycle, and finally, weekly gear doasge.

I do agree that some people just do not respond well to lower doses. Luckily, I respond very well, to low/moderate doses. I have only run 600mg max of any one thing in a cycle. Sure I'll add in some other compounds, but you have to realize that jacking up the doses on ALL the compounds in your cycle is not the way to go. If you're running a cutter, run some compounds that give you the best chance to maintain lean muscle mass in caloric deficit while adding a bit of strength. If you happen to gain some size while losing bodyfat, it's likely because you were very dedicated and worked hard on your diet and training, not because of the gear...it's not by chance that you achieve incredible results, it's by good old fashioned hard work. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of people (not all, but most) who run high doses is that they don't want to put in the work that is necessary to achieve their goal.

Shortcuts are only cool if they lead you to a place where you actually want to be. If that shortcut involves damage that cannot be repaired, then you should probably take the road less traveled. It's like buying something that you don't need just because it's on sale. If you don't really want to be a 300lb tank, then don't use insane amounts of gear and stick to a moderate bulking diet. BIG bulking is not for the faint of heart. I've done it before....never again. I realized I didn't need it because I have no desire to compete. I have the utmost respect for the guys here that do compete and run big bulkers. It's a huge daily commitment that you can't half ass... and IMO, high weekly dosages are the gateway to "halfassness"

ok, rant over :)

irish_2003

irish_2003

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
i've been following several of the masters that will be in the upcoming masters ifbb soon.....the biggest difference between them using boatloads of gear before and the low maintenance doses now is they were all more bloated with high levels of gear, yet with these maintenance doses they're still growing and they're much more shredded year round now.....they all seem to be in much better health too, especially mental health....always happy......i'm talking specifically about two i know doing this lee labrada and andreas cahling

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
The thing that the average gear junkie doesn't understand is that you can't increase one facet of your bodybuilding lifestyle without taking a hard look at ALL areas. If you increase your test dosage from 500mg EW to 1,500mg EW that's not gonna do shit except make you realize you're a dumbass when you feel like shit because the side effects outweigh the benefit. Why? Because in order to process all that gear you need to give your body enough fuel and provide a nice environment for growth. If you are not eating enough, most of that extra test you are pinning is just getting pissed out anyways.

If you are unhappy with your results from a previous cycle, the last thing you should look at is increasing your dose. Examine your diet first, then your training, then your sleeping habits, then stress factor, then legitimacy of your gear, then combination of gear compared to what your goal was, then duration of cycle, and finally, weekly gear doasge.

I do agree that some people just do not respond well to lower doses. Luckily, I respond very well, to low/moderate doses. I have only run 600mg max of any one thing in a cycle. Sure I'll add in some other compounds, but you have to realize that jacking up the doses on ALL the compounds in your cycle is not the way to go. If you're running a cutter, run some compounds that give you the best chance to maintain lean muscle mass in caloric deficit while adding a bit of strength. If you happen to gain some size while losing bodyfat, it's likely because you were very dedicated and worked hard on your diet and training, not because of the gear...it's not by chance that you achieve incredible results, it's by good old fashioned hard work. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of people (not all, but most) who run high doses is that they don't want to put in the work that is necessary to achieve their goal.

Shortcuts are only cool if they lead you to a place where you actually want to be. If that shortcut involves damage that cannot be repaired, then you should probably take the road less traveled. It's like buying something that you don't need just because it's on sale. If you don't really want to be a 300lb tank, then don't use insane amounts of gear and stick to a moderate bulking diet. BIG bulking is not for the faint of heart. I've done it before....never again. I realized I didn't need it because I have no desire to compete. I have the utmost respect for the guys here that do compete and run big bulkers. It's a huge daily commitment that you can't half ass... and IMO, high weekly dosages are the gateway to "halfassness"

ok, rant over :)

Great post

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic