Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Sharp pain below my right knee when I straighten it.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Okay I'm starting to get worried because it went away and came back. It started on the eliptical which is suppose to protect your knees but I was doing level 20 fast and hard, I don't recommend it. I've looked online and seems like it's jumpers knee. Just wondering whats the best route for recovery before my Doctor makes it worse lol.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
wow nobody has had this problem before? Where's all the powerlifters at?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Didn't see this before. Patellar tendon inflammation sounds like....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ibuprofen, ice and rest. You could try hitting up the doc for some diagnostics to make sure it's not torn. Doubt it is. I don't think you'd be walking

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I had a bunch of torn cartilage in my knee after some small pieces of shrapnel bounced around in there, and after the first surgery to clean out the shrapnel, I continued to have annoying but debilitating pain just below my patella (or so it felt). What it turned out to be was torn cartilage that was basically getting in the way of my patella tracking correctly in the femoral groove. Every time I straightened or bent my leg, the torn and hanging cartilage would snag between the bones and tear a little more. After a second surgery, I have almost no cartilage left so I can't run or jump, but the pain is gone and I can still squat and deadlift heavy. Only thing that still bothers me is leg extensions with heavy weight, but who needs to do that?

I hope it's just tendinitis for your sake.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I was going to suggest a tracking issue caused by a Muscle imbalance.
If your not going to the docs I would start with the ice ibuprofen rest ritual.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
All. The NSAIDs are actually bad for the tendons, causes them to weaken. Obviously it would take large amounts over an extended period. I would go with a rigorous ice therapy for a few days, then cold heat contrast after that. If you are still experiencing pain, time to have a picture taken and see what's going on in there. Torn patella, axle or the like is terrible with a long recovery. Always err to the side of caution

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
wow nobody has had this problem before? Where's all the powerlifters at?

We don't use ellipticals. If we want cardio you push vehicles or pull prowlers, lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If it's caused by your knee not tracking properly, get some KT tape and learn how to put it on correctly and that'll make a BIG difference.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Vick sounds like you have a torn meniscus same thing my brother had.get a MRI ASAP and get to the source of your injury.take care

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Seen the Doc and started PT today and going back tomorrow. It is an irritated patella but should be an easy fix once I change some habits. I really learned about how inflexible I am and how important it is for the knees, especially the hamstrings. Gonna have to get shoes that don't flex in the middle too. Damn I'm getting old. Happy I just got my Animal Flex in the mail though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic