Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Shans training

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Shan, I don't know how you do that early morning training, I did it for a while and didn't grow at all as sleep was just shit. I also suffer from allergies and they can make me want to sleep at my desk, I have to stay on top of my meds. I hope changing things up helps! I find changing my workouts every 4-5 weeks helps a lot with fatigue, aches and pains:) Plus, I just don't feel the need to kill myself anymore.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
My allergies have been kicking my butt lately, stupid ragweed!

Update: You know how I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago how my knee was about to explode? Well...guess what. I was walking to my car after work yesterday and had this horrid wrenching/snapping sound (real loud too) in that knee..amazingly it didn't hurt so I thought...wow, that was weird. Well, within a couple of hours it did hurt...so I iced and took 600mg motrin. Sleep was interrupted a bit with it, and I woke up to a weak and somewhat painful knee this morning. It isn't excruciating, but it hurts if I put weight on it (stairs are a bitch). I am afraid I may have torn or otherwise injured my meniscus :( It isn't really that swollen looking, but it feels kinda stiff so I am pretty sure there is a lil swelling inside under the cap. The pain is kinda at the top of the cap and under it, and strangely shoots up my gracilis when walking...

So, long sad story later, it appears my knee did blow up and it wasn't even during squats...just walking.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
My allergies have been kicking my butt lately, stupid ragweed!

Update: You know how I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago how my knee was about to explode? Well...guess what. I was walking to my car after work yesterday and had this horrid wrenching/snapping sound (real loud too) in that knee..amazingly it didn't hurt so I thought...wow, that was weird. Well, within a couple of hours it did hurt...so I iced and took 600mg motrin. Sleep was interrupted a bit with it, and I woke up to a weak and somewhat painful knee this morning. It isn't excruciating, but it hurts if I put weight on it (stairs are a bitch). I am afraid I may have torn or otherwise injured my meniscus :( It isn't really that swollen looking, but it feels kinda stiff so I am pretty sure there is a lil swelling inside under the cap. The pain is kinda at the top of the cap and under it, and strangely shoots up my gracilis when walking...

So, long sad story later, it appears my knee did blow up and it wasn't even during squats...just walking.

Damn, sorry to hear that!! Are you going to have an MRI done to see what's going on? This is one of my fears and what keeps me from pushing it. I hope it's nothing serious:(

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Xray showed a loose bone fragment behind my knee, off to the sports medicine dr next Monday to see when they will take it out or if it can be reattached (depends on what else is affected). No leg work for me for a while

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
wow, that really sucks Shan, I hope it's not too serious and you will be back at it before you know it! :) Keep us updated

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
AHHhhhhhhh ... ow and icky! Hope its an easy fix and a quick heal!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Sorry to hear about the bone fragments Shan, I know you'll get it back around!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Thanks all...I have been a lil down...enough that I packed on 6lbs in a week LOL..so, poptarts aren't the best consolation..but they sure taste good ;) I am going to have to diet again just to get back to normal...but for now, let the carbohydrates in and just hope for the best haha. I am just so pissed...this is messing with my entire planned schedule for the next year...pushing back training and cycle plans...just really really irritating (and painful...it sucks to hurt).

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
lol, poptarts are the bomb! Don't let the weight gain or injury rule you...it's the worst thing you can do and it's just a bump in the road. If you can still get to the gym for other things, do that it will make you feel better. Just give yourself proper time to heal so that when you train/cycle for the next time you will be strong:) I'm dealing with the shoulder joints, my dude tht works on me says they just can't handle the weight so I also have to rethink things as I don't want any permanent damage...pain in the ass but this is our lifestyle.

Thanks all...I have been a lil down...enough that I packed on 6lbs in a week LOL..so, poptarts aren't the best consolation..but they sure taste good ;) I am going to have to diet again just to get back to normal...but for now, let the carbohydrates in and just hope for the best haha. I am just so pissed...this is messing with my entire planned schedule for the next year...pushing back training and cycle plans...just really really irritating (and painful...it sucks to hurt).

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I know :). It just is frustrating as hell. Just struck me how much things have changed so fast...I tried to just get up off the couch and about fell on my face..my leg just was like wet spaghetti....good thing the coffee table was there to grab onto...made me feel like an old woman lol. I must be more cautious until I get this fixed

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
So, the sports med doc gave me steroids and has me starting PT on Friday. He thinks my issue stems from an imbalance in my sacroiliac (sp?) and that when my knee popped/snapped so violently it set off a chain reaction that let the imbalance take over and that is what is causing my problem. So, with any luck I will be back in business in no time, and he assures me my lifting (squats in particular) will improve greatly once I get that fixed. That is good to hear, but I guess that means I need to wean mysefl off the poptarts LOL....dang, I was really liking them too

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
So...I have 3 piddly lil lower body exercises I can do...and I use the term exercise loosely here LOL. Two of those are akin to internal and external rotations for shoulders...and that shit just doesn't count LOL. The hypers I can really sink my teeth into though...at least I feel like I am doing something. The kinesiologist declared that my hip joints don't match, they aren't shaped the same so I have to modify pretty much everything in order to correct for it and avoid further injuries, so no squats or deadlifts or anything fun for some time :(

I have been training upper body since thats about all I can do...hopefully it will pay off with some nice shoulder growth :)

Monday
warmups-20each internal and external rotations and verticals
standing military press / bb shrug super
20lb +barx10x2 sets, 1 set of 20 for a burn after
cable rear delt / tricep press
10x2 sets, then 1 set of 30
front raise / side lateral /tricep floor press
7.5x10x2, 1 set of 20 burner front
10x10x2 then 1 set of 20, side/tri
bench / pullover
65x10, 75x10, 65x20 bench
20x10x2, 20x20 pullover