Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Serious bicep/elbow pain.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Just getting back to serious powerlifting and dear God, my distal biceps tendons are fvcked. Feels as bad as it ever has, and I've dealt with this before. Honest to God, it hurts so bad to brush my teeth or bring a gallon of water to my lips, that I just started swishing with Scope and buying 16oz bottles of water.

I've tried stretching, rolling, ice, and a buffer. Nothing helps.

Benching is the worst, followed closely by squatting, and even deadlifting (and I do NOT curl a deadlift at all) hurts. Forget accessory exercises. Reverse hypers, hammer curls, and pretty much anything else that I have to use my arms for at all, make me want to cry it hurts so bad. It almost feels like my humorous bones themselves are breaking, but I know it's my tendons.

Any tips, tricks, similar experiences, etc?

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wow man, I'm sorry to hear about your pain.

I hope you get some relief.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Also I'm a fan of ice massage. My pt does it to the point I almost can't stand it. Freezes a paper cup and just keeps running it over the given spot in long strokes

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Oh yeah, I've put every liquid/gel/rub that claims it's the hottest on them, and get temporary relief, but nothing close to normal.

I'm about to order Mark Bell's little sleeve things for this issue, but I can't imagine them fixing anything.

Kind of at a loss. It's really effecting my training, which was going really well after some injuries.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Can you go to the dr ?

Would some type of ultra sound treatment help ?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Dude you need to floss the shit out of that bicep shoulder and forearm. If you don't own voodoo floss order it now. Roguefitness.com

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
I just got over the same thing brother, it lasted a solid two weeks and was excruciating.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Sorry RR, I should have clarified that I've used DMSO along with every heat inducing rub available.

POB, did you just spam me with Crossfit shite? (Just kidding, I have the red floss on the way already. Should be here Monday.)

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Gotcha.

Flossing is interesting as well. I haven't used it enough to say if it works of not. The one time it was done on me did seem to help

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sorry RR, I should have clarified that I've used DMSO along with every heat inducing rub available.

POB, did you just spam me with Crossfit shite? (Just kidding, I have the red floss on the way already. Should be here Monday.)

flossin_aint_just_for_gangstas_post_card-r33f4a65eecd446d6b7c3599eee6b68b1_vgbaq_8byvr_512.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic