Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Securenym Complies With Court Orders

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Securenym is a US based email provider. Per their help pages they will reveal the contents of account if they receive a court order.

WebMail Folders
Folders pose a serious security risk, as they encourage the user to leave archived messages on the SecureNym servers. Since SecureNym is a security service, this is somewhat of a contradiction of our intended purpose.

As a result, we strongly suggest that subscribers use encryption for their incoming messages. Users may choose either S/mime or PGP, but the contents of the mailbox (and all folders) should be encrypted.

Inbox encryption protects not only the user, but SecureNym as well. In the event of a court order requiring us to reveal the contents of a mailbox, encryption greatly reduces the risk of sensitive information being disclosed.

https://www.securenym.net/secure/folders.htm

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Just read a few months ago, or more, that they were not gonna comply if pressured and subscribers had nothing to worry about. Glad I didn't waste 60 $ with them.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Very good thread regular. They were solid before and I used them at one point but I heard a few rumors about what happened to their ownership and this is no surprize

Improving

Improving

Dec 10, 2013
Didn't they say if you don't make any folders and once you delete it. They have no way of getting it back. So even if they do what the courts say, it wouldn't matter as long and you and the person you sent the email to deleted it m

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I don't get guys that want to argue or make themselves believe using a US based anything is a good idea. In the end these companies are in it to make $$ and if they have to spend a sizable amount of cash defending themselves or just quietly turn over the docs requested , what do you think they are going to do? The fact using a US based anything is not a good idea and there are a ton of better options anyways, securenym conflicts with alot of other email services.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic