Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Scar tissue prevention.....and needle size

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
God damn....an 18G is like sticking yourself with a pencil.

I am using 25g for glutes and wanting to try to use a slin for delts but havent tried yet

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Been using 30g slin pins drawing up 300mg Cyp for TRT no problems. Takes a lil longer to draw up but i dont mind. Tricep injects are damn near painless. Dont know why i didnt go smaller sooner.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I might have to try that. I've never used anything smaller than a 25g. I always thought the pressure to push through a slin pin would be to much for the pin to take.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I might have to try that. I've never used anything smaller than a 25g. I always thought the pressure to push through a slin pin would be to much for the pin to take.

Its not bad brother. Just have to go a lil slower than usual.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
I wonder if a 28g 1/2 inch pin would work and where?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Funny to see this thread bumped. I have continued to use the 27g with no issues. The 30 became too much a PIA and required running things under warm water...etc.

I have zero problems with 27g. It is true that it take a little more pressure. Something I have picked up on to keep from causing more trauma during an inject is a depth guide for the needle. When you are pushing hard to get oil through, any hand shakes result in the needle going in and out causing more trauma.

I found I can cut one of the plastic covers that protects the needle. I cut it to a length where it will go as deep as I would like. Then I just put that on the needle and I can bury. (always keeping pressure against the skin) The cut off guard rests against the skin and keeps the needle from going in and out when you inject.

Not sure if this makes sense, but it has worked for me.....

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I've always preferred the bigger needles... the oil slides right through a 22 or 23 gauge needle. However, I have to push & push to get anything through a 25 gauge.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Pressure needed for a slin pin is minimal. Pinning oils with a 27 or 28 for HRT is now what my doc recommends to his patients to avoid scar tissue build up. HRT doses are pretty small so if you are pinning a few ML at a time for a blast then it would take a while with a larger barrel and smaller pin....however, that would also make you go slower which would be beneficial when pinning Tren.
Drawing with the smaller pin sucks ass, but if you are swapping out pins then it wouldn't matter........slin pins are so cheap so that's what I use for HRT.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
It's funny revisiting this thread b/c this whole year I've been using a 23g. I need to go back to my 25g and even perhaps try a 27g.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
God damn....an 18G is like sticking yourself with a pencil.

I am using 25g for glutes and wanting to try to use a slin for delts but havent tried yet

I use a 23 for delts and it's fine. If I use 25 I literally cannot press the oil into myself.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I have found that a bunch of pressure is not necessary with a smaller gauge.

I can put as much pressure as possible to get it out or I can relax and use just about half and let it run through.

I just had to play with it to find the spot.

I will heat any oils going through a slin also but realized about the pressure before I heated any of it.

H

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
I've always used 25ga 5/8', 1", and 1.5" and rotate as others have stated. Left cheek, right cheek, left pec, right pec, left shoulder, right shoulder, left quad, right quad, left tricep, right tricep. (I've also tried traps and calves without pleasant results) After 20 yrs or so of doing this, I don't have any major scar tissue problems...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic