Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Safety Squat Bar

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I just ordered one from EliteFTS our gym has never had one and I wanted to mix things up a bit with my training. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about them?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think they're G R E A T!. I use them for GM's. You can also use them for many different back squats variations. It will really work your upper back b/c it tries to round it so you have to fight that.

I think it's one of the best additional bars to have in your arsenal.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Nice! I heard they will make your back strong as f-u-c-k and that was enough for me. Doing GMs makes a lot of sense

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nice! I heard they will make your back strong as f-u-c-k and that was enough for me. Doing GMs makes a lot of sense

I do them with just the bar and sometimes I use the SSB and also do what I call suspended GM's. I use chains and pause at the bottom for a 2 or 3 count and than power it back up.

You can use the SSB for paused squats where you pause in the whole for a period of time or you can use it for Anderson squats. Squatting with a SSB saves your shoulders which always takes a beating b/c of everything we do.

I've even seen some vids of Louie's guy putting a SSB on their back and a bar on the ground. I'm not advocating that idea b/c I'm not sure it will stay in place while your pulling from the ground but there are some who actually do this.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Awesome ideas brothers I appreciate the input and will be sure to try the tips you've mentioned!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

You have to shrug the whole time its on your back or you'll cave over. Its a challenge. But your upper back will get strong as hell too, not just the bottom. Well worth the money.

I do them with just the bar and sometimes I use the SSB and also do what I call suspended GM's. I use chains and pause at the bottom for a 2 or 3 count and than power it back up.

You can use the SSB for paused squats where you pause in the whole for a period of time or you can use it for Anderson squats. Squatting with a SSB saves your shoulders which always takes a beating b/c of everything we do.

I've even seen some vids of Louie's guy putting a SSB on their back and a bar on the ground. I'm not advocating that idea b/c I'm not sure it will stay in place while your pulling from the ground but there are some who actually do this.

I've seen that. Pulling a trap bar off the ground from the bottom. That was just retarded IMO.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
It comes in today! Can't wait to use it

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
^^^ Hahahaha!

And it looks glorious!

The bar...