Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Rotator cuff

C

chuffman

Nov 20, 2011
My right rotator hurts when i do bench or delts, i work them with cables but doesnt seem to help Any advice?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Warm ups with light pendulum exercises. Raise body temp as warm up not stretch cold muscles as warm ups etc

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
more info needed. could be a long thoracic nerve palsy

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
How wide do you generally grip the bar when you bench press?

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Should definitely warm them up prior with light weight internal and external rotation excercises. Than some light stretching.

Nip it in the butt now bro, otherwise you'll end up like me with a partially torn supraspinatus and you won't be doing any benching or delts for a while. There is a good thread on here for shoulder exercises and stretches. I'll see if I can dig it up.

You might want to try using Hammer Strength chest machines, I found they put less stress on my shoulder joints than regular benching.

Last edited:
RowdyBrad

RowdyBrad

Jul 6, 2012
Good info. I tore my left rotator cuff. I found that doorway stretches, removing behind the neck press and keeping good form on lifts to help.

I also use a very light weight, 3 pounds, and lie down on my side with my elbows pinned to the side and the arm bent at a 90 degree, then do 15 reps of internals and external rotations for each shoulder. You don't wanna build it up, but it will make it more stable and the endurance will improve. Definitely warm up well.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Go see an ART doc and have them work on your. If it is not a tear you can get back in the game quickly. Rotator exercises are a must for everyone. Keep in mind as you get stronger and move more weight your rotator cuff takes a lot of pressure and if you are not working to make it stronger with direct exercises you will end up with issues. I have multiple partial tears in my supraspinatus, infraspinatus and teres minor :( my right shoulder is fucked!!! My ART doc does keep me able to lift. The tears are not bad enough for surgery but hurt like hell most of the time.

RowdyBrad

RowdyBrad

Jul 6, 2012
Mine will pop out swinging a bat. I will be getting surgery when I can nut up and do it lol.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I have had nagging pains in my front delts, even heard it tear once. I've isolated the movement that directly caused the pain and trained around it. This has taken up to 8 months to heal. Just my experience.

Hope this injury gets better soon, just take it easy, there is always tomorrow ;-)

Mad-Bull

Mad-Bull

Jun 10, 2011
I had the same problem and the pain became so unbearable I was no longer able to do bench press, even curls were uncomfortable. I ended up doing as the above already stated, rotator exercises for several months everyday. I went to see a Physio Therapist and he went over a whole routine with me to strengthen the cuff. Stopped doing any heavy training and spent some time just doing more cardiovascular training, hiking, cycling, etc. to keep busy while maintaining the rotator strengthening exercises. I'm now back in the gym as strong as ever and maintain my Rotator routine.

Good luck man I hope it all works out for you without surgery.

-MB

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
This thread is 7th months old, I hope he is better by now!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic