Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

rotator cuff surgery and GH

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Is GH really that helpful if I start it now? If so, what dose and does it need to be high quality pharm grade? From what I understand, it takes a while for GH to get into your system so I wonder if starting it now would have much of an effect if it takes 2-3 months to really be in my system? What about the cheaper GHRP-2, would that be effective?

Growth hormone significantly increases collagen synthesis in a short amount of time.

61851203649571165308.jpg

"the effects of 14 day administration of 33-50 microg kg(-1) day(-1) recombinant human GH (rhGH) in healthy young individuals. rhGH administration caused an increase in serum GH, serum IGF-I, and IGF-I mRNA expression in tendon and muscle. Tendon collagen I mRNA expression and tendon collagen protein synthesis increased by 3.9-fold and 1.3-fold, respectively (P < 0.01 and P = 0.02), and muscle collagen I mRNA expression and muscle collagen protein synthesis increased by 2.3-fold and 5.8-fold, respectively (P < 0.01 and P = 0.06)."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19933753

Dnsvideo

Dnsvideo

Sep 21, 2010
What is the latest on your recover? I agree GH starts working immediately and should offer a quicker recovery time.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
FYI

It's been 9 months since the surgery and I just wanted to update the thread for anyone who finds this thread in the future. First off, all of the drugs I tried were a waste of money and I would not bother with any of it again. If I had to do it over again, I would consider GH or nothing. Here's a timeline of how the recovery went:

- 1 week: continued doing legs in the gym, even with the sling on
- 6 weeks: got sling off and started PT, but only passive movements (stretching)
- 2 months: got into some light lifting in PT and slowly built up
- 3 months: still had pain my shoulder but started going to the gym to do just random exercises that didn't place any strain on my shoulder (ie, preacher curls, tricep pressdowns, some pulldown type movements for back, etc..). I was only doing a handful of back, bicep, and tricep movements (no shoulders or chest at all). I was still very limited and all of the movements were super strict with very light weight. I kept continuous tension on the muscle and focused on squeezing the muscle hard.
- 6 months: finally back in the gym doing my normal routine, except with very light weight. I still had some pain at this point and things felt tight, but I did what I could taking it really easy.
- 9 months - I don't really have any pain in my shoulder anymore and my range is excellent. I'm still going really light in the gym, but my strength is there, I'm just not pushing it at all. I do feel some weakness in the bad shoulder especially when it comes to the stabilizer muscles. For example, if I'm bench pressing it feels a little bit shaky at times and it fatigues faster than the good shoulder. I'm still doing the PT exercises on my own and will continue to do so forever. After every shoulder work out I do direct rotater cuff work afterwards. My bad shoulder is not as strong as the good one, especially at 90 degrees (ie, 90 degree external rotations are the toughest) so I'm still trying to work on that.

Future: at the one year mark in a few months I'm going to start pushing things a little harder to test the shoulder out. I don't think I'll ever attempt to go ultra heavy (ie, 3 reps to failure), but I will attempt maybe 6-rep sets to failure on the compound movements.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
I read an article here that anavar increases the size of collagen strands and their resistance to tearing. It's a lot cheaper than GH.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic