Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

rotator cuff surgery and GH

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Back in January 2012 my shoulder started hurting to the point where I had to stop lifting. MRI showed a partially torn rotater cuff. I did PT for 3 months and got a cortisone injection. I went back to lifting and by the end of July it actually seemed like it was getting better and better. In early August it got bad again some how. The 2nd cortisone injection did nothing and I ended up getting surgery today. It was worse than the MRI showed. Getting back to normal ASAP is a top priority and I'm willing to do whatever I have to do. Is GH really that helpful if I start it now? If so, what dose and does it need to be high quality pharm grade? From what I understand, it takes a while for GH to get into your system so I wonder if starting it now would have much of an effect if it takes 2-3 months to really be in my system? What about the cheaper GHRP-2, would that be effective?

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
who is to say what results you would get from using gh and peptides during your recovery. since recovering asap is of importance then if it was me i would be using some gh or peptides as they are a little cheaper and faster to get. i guess you will have to be a spectator at those races for a while now. you may even pic up more pussy with your arm in a sling! haha

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
from what I've read high quality GH (pharm or UG) starts working immedately; the trick is finding quality.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I haven't gotten much feedback but after doing some research I've decided to run the following to hopefully aid in my recovery:

IGF1-LR3 - I'm either going to run 50 or 100mcg per day, haven't decided yet, for 40 days on, then 40 days off. I'm going to inject it all into my shoulders around the injury (25 or 50mcg each shoulder) every day.

TB500 - I've been reading some good things about this new peptide so figured I'd give it a shot. I'm going to take 5mg per week (one sub-q injection) for 6 weeks and then decide if I'll continue or not.

Deca - a low dose of Deca, 200mg/week (plus 250mg/week of test to avoid any problems).

I'm still thinking about GHRP-2 & Mod-GRF (1-29) but probably won't bother. For reference, the sub-q dosing would be 100mcg/100mcg 3x per day.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I go in for my shoulder surgery on Tuesday.have put a order to get some gh.i will run 2ius a day for 12 weeks.im hoping to do some light lifting after after that but it just depends on how quick I recover

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Nychris good luck hope all is well

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Doc told me to use it. Wouldn't say how much but told him what usually used an said that it was good.

Usually between 6-10iu.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
Doc told me to use it. Wouldn't say how much but told him what usually used an said that it was good.

Usually between 6-10iu.

From everything I've heard, it depends on the kind and it's only going to work if you use high quality stuff. You wouldn't be able to inject 6-10iu's of high quality pharm grade GH as it would be too strong. The generics from China are garbage even at 10iu's. If I were to run GH, I would get something like Genotropin's and run as much as I'd be willing to spend (3-5iu/day).

I'm starting to reconsider using GHRP-2/Mod GRF (1-29). I don't want to spend $400/month on pharm grade GH so this is the next best thing.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
That's what I am looking to run genotropin.i just hope I recover without any complications.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I just had shoulder surgery 12 days ago.
Impingement, big bone spur, arthritis and partial thickness tear.

Running 4iu of GH.
Is starts working right away.

Most important thing you can do is your rehab exercises.

It takes awhile to heal the tissue, about 6-8 weeks.
So make sure you take it easy while it heals.

I am running rehab twice a day.
Will wait 2 to 3 weeks before I will start lifting.
But it will be very very light. As light I mean 25lbs dumbbells for chest, etc.
Then I will increase weight as time goes.

Make sure you dont screw up and get scare tissue in the surgery site.
In my case he went in 3 different places.

This is my second shoulder surgery.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Just had my surgery done yesterday.in a bit of pain but the pain meds keeping it under control.

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
I started another thread on this already, but I wanted to post this study here to keep this updated. I stopped using 200mg/week Deca after reading this study that was done where rabbits were given deca after rotator cuff surgery and it actually inhibited healing. I'm only on the peptides now.

CONCLUSIONS:

The effect of local nandrolone decanoate use on a rotator cuff tear is detrimental, acting as a healing inhibitor.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20690845

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic